Anyone know any good apple juice deals for TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somnophore

Reaction score
Been getting sainsburys own brand on offer but have seen mention of good deals in lidl etc, anyone know of best offers on apple juice?

Morrisons Saver juice is 46p/litre, I think. Have used it successfully, when it was still called Value juice.

Was in Costco today and they have Prince's juice at 56p/litre and another brand at 46p/litre (IIRC).
My next TC will almost certainly use juice from there.

Yeah lidls basic is 56p they don't have an offer on the better 1.5l juice at the mo was £1.14 for 1.5l at the mo.

Would like to get to around 40p a l if possible 46p is pretty good though,

The Lidl apple nectar has been used here many times with great success and is rarely more than 52p/litre (78p a carton)

It's "from concentrate", yeh, but it has plenty of apple and enough sugar to give about 4.5%ABV without adding anything.
I've used it with various yeasts, teas-for-tannin, and optional extras and it works just fine.
AFAIK _all_ the cheap juices are from concentrate.
They all seem to work, and the controlled experiments to determine whose juice is best don't happen due to drunkeness.
They probably all come from the same factory in China anyway.
Given the price of petrol, I'd suggest you settle for the 'value' range juice _nearest_ you, and experiment with different yeasts, tannins, optional extras; then when you have something you really like, try changing the juice if you want to know for sure.

So to clarify the nectar (50% juice) will make good TC? Because it's 69p/1.5l nectar or 56p/1l of 100% juice.

Yeh, the nectar works well for me - better than the juice (probably - hard to be sure after a couple...)
I dunno about "50% juice". I think it's "50% concentrate" giving a 100% juice-equivalent.
Otherwise people wouldn't buy it coz it'd taste way too thin

Latest posts

Back