Anyone else had trouble with Brewuk??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ginger Ninja

Regular.
Reaction score
Orderd Graham W's book on the 31st of Jan and it still hasnt arrived. After 4 or 5 phone calls I managed to get them to send me a replacement, this was on friday (and they send it all 1st class RM apparently) ..... Phoned them again yesterday to ask where it was and they said i need to wait another week before complaining!! Im not fussy shopper, but i firstly think i shouldnt have to wait over 17 days for a book to arrive (when offerd 1st RM) and secoundly i think Brewuk really need to sort out their customer service!

Sorry for the rant, just was wondering if anyone else had had any bother with them??? :D

Just found the 1998 ed on amazon for £4.54. Couldn't see much difference between them.

Brew UK are showing your book as "sold out". They should have told you that instead of fobbing you off :nono: .
Give them their week, if no show, then rip their ******** off! :evil:

Good luck!!!

Brewski-Mike said:
Just found the 1998 ed on amazon for £4.54. Couldn't see much difference between them.

Brew UK are showing your book as "sold out". They should have told you that instead of fobbing you off :nono: .
Give them their week, if no show, then rip their ******** off! :evil:

Good luck!!!

Bastards! i feel ripped off for paying £13 +P&P and then being bullshited about it being late as they've no stock!

In the interest of forum harmony, this post has been edited by THBF admin team and will not be discussed further.

There is a significant difference between the 1998 edition and the current one.

CAMRA's publishing arm is ****, and is ordering such short print runs that the book often goes out of stock very quickly which means that the retailer may very well be expecting an order to reach him from CAMRA . . . when in fact CAMRA don't actually have any themselves.

Greg is a responsible retailer and really does care about customer service . . . but I think you will find that in this case he has ended up shafted by the wholesaler.

Following PM discussions with Various people I have unlocked this thead . . . Be warned that if there are any libellous statements made the thread will be locked again.

Please breifly define: libellous statements

I am of a non leagal mind and don't want to get told off!

their service is good and its a fantastically simple online buying experience except if they have a problem they dont seem to let you know untill you ask them. brewers are patient people but they have to know whats going on

i had to look up libellous :D

true stonecold. I would have been more then happy to wait nearly 3 weeks to get my book, but for the customer experience i've had since chaseing it up.

Just had to deleat my essay on their customer relations after reading that link markp :)

Since i cant share my bad experiece with you, i would like to take this opertunity to promote other HB companies i have used such as The Malt Miller and Dorset home brew, who have both given excellent service and have really given a fantastic buying experience. Both of these companies have gone out of their way to be both helpfull and informative.

I hope this is above board and i hope even more that i get my damn book soon!

I just started reading man walks into a pub by pete brown, really good so far ! enjoyed his hops and glory book aswell very much.
i have discoverd a site called http://ebookbrowse.com/ and there are lots of interesting publications about beer brewing in pdf format for you to read or copy from the site, I found great brewing log book that i will be using to record all my brewing from now on.

Whilst I appreciate your frustration Ginger upon being aware of the missing item, We immediately sent a replacement book and have asked you to be patient and wait for at least 1 week for it to arrive which I don't think is unreasonable, some retailers will make you wait 30 days before sending a replacement as this is the time Royal Mail make you wait before you can claim.

We use Royal mail to dispatch all our non Parcel Force items and have VERY few problems, especially considering that number of items that we send.

As far as costs go, we sell the book at the suggested retail price as given by our supplier and this is on line with most other websites although as with everything I'm sure you can find it cheaper.

Customer service is one of our top priorities and we try to deal with all issues quickly and efficiently as well as answering the hundreds of general brewing questions and inquiries. Not to mention actually packing orders, adding new products and generally trying to improve the overall offering to our customers.

All retailers have customer service issues from time to time and we try to resolve them quickly often costing us money.

We are obviously keen to ensure every customer has a good experience with our company but would prefer to deal with this matters personally rather than on a public forum.

Please feel free to give me a call Ginger or drop me an email so we can try and rectify the situation. If other members also have issues then please feel free to contact me so we can try and resolve them individually rather than turning this thread into brewuk beating as for every unhappy customer we have hundreds who have had a great buying experience.

Thanks for that Greg, its great to hear from our sponsers on here and get the info directly from them. I have no problems waiting, i just really want that book :D , as it has been said before the main problem is comunication. Over the last few days I've found it hard to get through on the phone (and im unable to leave a message due to a ristriction on incoming calls at my work place). Prehaps you could PM me your email address? I wouldnt mind giving you some feedback and prehaps you could look at my order?

I understand and appreciate your patience. PM sent.

Aleman said:
Following PM discussions with Various people I have unlocked this thead . . . Be warned that if there are any libellous statements made the thread will be locked again.
I think Brewuk are a bunch very nice people and I love them to bits. :whistle:

How's that?? :P

Welcome to the forum Greg :thumb: As a fellow business man and ex retailer I know how hard it is, especially when you are reliant on suppliers and couriers, your reputation and customer relations can take a nose dive through no fault of your own.

Communication is the key, but as we have seen if that breaks down for what ever reason customers will vent their anger were they can and unfortunately in this day and age that can now become all to public.

Glad to see you are on the road to being sorted Ginger Ninja. :thumb: :thumb:

Im sure its all sorted now. Just emailed Greg.

I run an online packaging shop so i too know the problems that arrise. i just get fustrated when i cant get brewing!!

Thanks for the welcome and positive comments BB :)

We honestly try our best and we listen to our customers but we are very busy and therefore sometime customer service takes a while longer as we concentrate (perhaps wrongly) on dispatching orders as quickly as possible.

Anyway we appreciate any feedback, positive or negative as it helps us do better although I would prefer to be emailed.

I'm personally a very keen brewer so I appreciate its frustrating when stuff doesn't arrive and nobody answers your queries.

I may also start posting a bit more on here (in a personal capacity).

In fact I'm planning a 90l brew this weekend so watch this space.

I recently ordered supplies from Brew UK and the parcel went AWOL somewhere in the mail. I was sent a notification of the parcel being shipped, but as it seemed to take a long time for it to arrive I dropped them an e-mail and they told me they'd send me the stuff again if it didn't show up in a couple of days. It never showed up, so they re-sent everything and I got what I was after in no time. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back