Any Brew Tank owners here??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve just ordered the 40L Brew Tank today
Is there anyone out there that has got a good equipment profile for one in Brewfather ?
All suggestions welcome
What brew house / mash efficiency are you all getting ?

Hello all, any update on those cool brew tanks? I do realise that's a while since the last post but maybe someone got a new one recently or has some feedback 🙂

Yep been using mine for just over 12 months now
Still struggling to find a profile for Brewfather that gives consistent results but think I’m getting closer.
Best thing that I did was replace the inkbird that melted! With a RAPT controller and now control the mash temperature with very little overshoot.
Overall my biggest problem is getting too much trub into the fermenter !
How about anyone else ?

I have also had mine about twelve months now and i am very happy with it,still learning but last brew i did i got nearly eighty percent efficiency .Do you recirculate throughout the mash or only when the element kicks back in ?
Has the Rapt controller made a big difference ?

I have also had mine about twelve months now and i am very happy with it,still learning but last brew i did i got nearly eighty percent efficiency .Do you recirculate throughout the mash or only when the element kicks back in ?
Has the Rapt controller made a big difference ?
I let the mash settle for about 10 minutes then recirculate through a RIMS tube with a 1.5KW element controlled by the RAPT controller, which in my opinion is far superior to the inkbird
It seems to work for me but you have to keep an eye on it just in case the grain bed gets compacted and the basket starts to overflow. I sometimes use rice hulls which help but more often than not I stir the grain every 15 minutes or so. I control the recirculation by the 3 way valve which is fitted directly onto the pump. I have considered using a clamp or a ball valve on the return pipe but it’s very easy to control the flow with the valve so I haven’t bothered. I’m considering investing in a in line filter to improve the amount of hot break that gets into the kettle as well as a condenser for brewing inside during the winter. I am also thinking about a counter flow chiller as I’m currently using a Jayded Scylla immersion chiller that worked fantastic in the Brewzilla but not so good in the brew tank.

Back