Another Newbie Says Hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Been lurking for a couple of months now as have taken up brewing beer following being gifted a Brewkit starter bundle for my birthday from the wife. This came about after I had saved a load of German Beer (Hacker pschorr) flip tops, saying i might have a go at making beer, so will hold onto those. A year later she decided to motivate me by buying me the kit.

So far I have made the St Peters Golden Ale, first one I made. Came out okay and was drunk quite quickly. I next tried the St Peters Ruby Ale. Was okay and finished the last bottle of that a week ago. I did feel the flavour dropped off in the last few bottles I drank, which again were about 2 months old.
Made a Beerworks Cider Kit for the wife, which is still improving I think. However, she thinks it is quite strong and has turned out like Westons Vintage cider. Her favourite shop cider is Stowford Press so was hoping this would be a little similar.
Last brew bottled was the St Peters IPA. Bottled at the tail end of August. started to drink now but I feel it has a very bitter flavour. Not hoppy as I might expect from an IPA, just bitter. Maybe it needs longer to develop.

I currently have Beerworks Craft Brasserie Golden Larger in the FV waiting to be bottled. Next thing I am looking at is a Festival Belguim Dubel kit but I am intending to add 2 ltrs of Cherry Puree to this, as I love a Kriek beer in the style of Kasteel rouge or Bacchus Kriek. Not sure how that one would go.

Looking forward to contributing and learning lots to move my beer making forward.

Cheer, Andy

Latest posts

Back