AG#2ish Golden summer ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomorrow I will be kegging most of this into minis, I will however be saving about 4-5 litres that I will be racking onto some peaches and leaving to ferment again.

hmmm I think the amber malt may of actually been needed.... its a bit pale!
that taste I had was certainly crisp, not a lot else apart from a bit sweet (wonder if I mashed to high and didn't realise) but the late hops are there. looking forward to it being cold and carbed to see how its like then.

sampled a few halfs today, its nice, the head is mental but its not as crisp as I would of liked it, its pretty thick.
also not bitter enough, next time I will either jack up the fuggles or use some thing else that is more suited to bittering, the taste and aroma are good but not enough citrus has come through, nect time I plan to add more 15 min hops and dry hop the secondary, also its to pale, next time will see a slightly darker brew.

still a success in my eyes but there is room for improvement

nice, giving my first go at golden ales myself... in yours I would have reduced the fuggles to half and probably trippled the 15m addition, but I'm a bit of a hop-head! (plus dry-hop)

Truth be told you would likely get away with just tripling the 15min addition without halfing the fuggles, really wasn't bitter enough haha.

Well I've got to say that this is one of those pints that I could drink all day, what I thought was a bit lacking in the flavour department really shines as a session drink...

I should know as I've almost finished a mini keg... I opened today

This is starting to taste really good now, the bitterness is devolping and I'm really enjoying the pint I'm drinking now.
Shame there's only 1 minikeg left unopened...

I will be brewing this again!

Latest posts

Back