AG#1 - Dave O's Christmas Cracker

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done on your first brew gsidford :party: , there will be no turning back now :cheers:
I didn't have any issues with the sparger sticking, but it did squeak well
Sacrilege, the squeak is a most important part of the brew day :lol: , seriously, I miss it and may have to add it back :grin:
Finishing sparging at higher gravities isn't a bad thing. With time you'll get to know your efficiencies and can adjust recipes to suit, if you want to. Some brewers, myself included now, deliberately target a higher finishing sparging gravity as it has been suggested that by not going all the way down to 1.008, there's less chance of extracting potential 'nasities' into your beer.
Do you know what the recipe efficiency was targeted at v the gravity you achieved?

I got 1049 in the end and the recipe was targeted at 1047 @ 75% efficiency.

The efficiency values are something I need to look up on, as I see it mentioned and I expect just a search of the site will turn up all the info I need.

After 2 days sitting at 1014 it has now been moved (beautifully clear) into the king keg to condition. Having dropped from 1049 to 1014 we are spot on the target 4.6% for the recipe.

Tastes very promising at this stage.

AG#2 planned for tomorrow - Graham Wheelers Timothy Taylor Landlord Clone.

Final output, half in the Cornie and half in bottles. Just like its name, a cracking pint IMHO. Dark Chocolate almost coffee in nose, smooth to taste with a little dryness on the tongue. Not terribly full in body, but rather moorish.

ag1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back