AG#1 BIAB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benj said:
jureje4e.jpg

i would consider a couple of steel beams running under that work top as your next brewery upgrade![/quote]

Nah, total weight of the pot, filled, plus grain is around 75kg. I would happily stand on it all day long...

...well I wouldn't, I'd get very bored, but you know what I mean... :lol:

Just had a sneaky sample of this, too impatient for my own good.
Its had its 10 days in the warm to carbonate sufficiently which it has, planning on leaving for another 3/4 weeks. It already tastes brilliant.
It's a bit thin I think, I always prefer my bitter with quite a lot of mouth feel.
Any suggestions? I had thought about increasing the amount of crystal next time or is there anything better to achieve this? Less mash water/higher mash temp etc.

It will round out a bit in time - the greenness and not quite finished secondary fermentation will leave it a bit raw and thin feeling.

If you still feel you want more body once it's had a good while to condition then you'd need to start tweaking the recipe and mash profile so that you get more unfermentable sugar into the beer. Basically you'd mash a little hotter, about 68 or 69 degrees.

You would need to increase the grainbill a little to compensate for the fact that you lose potentially fermentable sugar by not converting it to maltose. 3.88kg in the original recipe becomes 4.27kg with a "full body" mash schedule for this beer.

Have you got some beer recipe software? Makes this sort of stuff a doddle...

Latest posts

Back