Afternoon all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Loon

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought it was about time I registered and got a bit more involved. Fairly new to home brewing after an explosive (ie. bottle bomb of note!) introduction to it when I was still at school...which was many years ago.

Started a month or so ago with a Woodforde's Wherry kit, which went very well and is currently sitting in a keg under the stairs and improving weekly. :-) Decided to get hold of some 1 gallon demijohns and visited a HBS fairly near to me...started chatting to the only other person in there and, to cut a long story short, he was having to give up brewing due to health issues and very kindly gave me 3 demijohns, 1 FV and 1 keg...plus assorted hand corkers, hydrometers, thermometers and books...and refused to take any money for them! Feeling slightly guilty about accepting so much, I made a donation to the BHF in his name.

So, now have 1 gallon of turbo cider which is about ready to be bottled, 1 gallon of mead which has some while to go before it stops fermenting and 1 gallon of coffee wine, just for fun! The good wife reckons that by this time next year I'll either be self sufficient when it comes to alcohol or I'll be catatonic and she'll be topping up the car with the results! :-)

Any way, I've read loads of great advice on here and will hopefully be able to add some gems of my own in the months to come.

Cheers,
Richard

Welcome

a good reason to try and visit your lhbs, you never know who is in there....

Latest posts

Back