Aerator/Sprayer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobsbeer

Reaction score
This design of gadget is being discussed over on Hoporific. Looks like a reasonably good design for aerating into the FV. Has anyone used one before? The item can be got on ebay for about £4.57 HERE

Operating pressure: 50-150Kpa

Water-jet volume: 0.5-1.5CBM/H

Flow rate: 3.5-8m

$T2eC16V,!yUE9s6NEl6!BR6!44IYHQ~~60_3.JPG

Looks like it would work. I think I'll get one to replace the hose barb on the outlet of the boiler.

I've ordered one. I'll report back on how it works. I was hoping someone else may have tried it, but I guess not. Looks a simple design. And at £4.57 not a bad price for 316 stainless.

It has arrived and while I haven't tried it in anger yet, I have tested it on the kitchen sink. At a high flow it works great, but on very low flow the swirl effect isn't so pronounced. So a small diameter pipe at high pressure would work best. It certainly would not work as a sparge spreader due to the low flow rate required. But as an aid to aeration going into the FV is would be fine. Not perfect by any means, but it works.

Latest posts

Back