ACE Microbrewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second brew with the ACE today. All went well and the brew is now safely in the fermenter. However, I noticed that some moisture had apparently got into the digital display and it's now not reading properly. When I looked closely I noticed that the top border of the control panel was not properly sealed to the stainless steel. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've emailed ACE to see what they can do. :-(

my front panel was peeling off when i unpacked it, ive pushed it back on, and its stayed on, havent used it or washed it yet.

if you use the auto settings, does it pause or beep to let you know its reached its target/completed, or does it just go straight on to the next step?

Mine doesn't beep, wish it did and I wouldn't have to be hovering around it when a step is almost finished. And it moves straight on to the next step, so be there before it goes to boil.:smile:

Thanks for that dps51 I did almost make up the Graham Wheeler recipe but went with the BYO recipe and I must admit the roasted barley did give it a nice flavour, may try Mr Wheeler's recipe next.

if you use the auto settings, does it pause or beep to let you know its reached its target/completed, or does it just go straight on to the next step?

mine don't beep I have a timer which I use when I am not near the ace
that's make a sound I set it a few mins before the next stage so I get there in time

Thanks for that dps51 I did almost make up the Graham Wheeler recipe but went with the BYO recipe and I must admit the roasted barley did give it a nice flavour, may try Mr Wheeler's recipe next.
you are welcome @foxy I don't get the byo magazine just look up things on the web

I've just bought one, used it three times, I also use a cooling coil, if you turn the pump on after it's cooled down a bit, it gets down to below 20 deg C in 15 mins great.

I've just bought one, used it three times, I also use a cooling coil, if you turn the pump on after it's cooled down a bit, it gets down to below 20 deg C in 15 mins great.
I also do this I wait till it get to about 80c then turn on the pump

I like this idea. Obvious when you think about it but it hadn't occured to me to do this. I'll definitely try it next time round.

mgkpancake, what would the gauge of the wire be in that tension spring filter you got, would I be right in guessing 2 mm?

so first brew, first herdal. 15ltr of water in boiler. add 5.44kg of grain.. not enough water for the grain. ive only added half the grain and its too thick allready, so the grain thats in there is mashing while i heat some more water in a seperate pan .

so first brew, first herdal. 15ltr of water in boiler. add 5.44kg of grain.. not enough water for the grain. ive only added half the grain and its too thick allready, so the grain thats in there is mashing while i heat some more water in a seperate pan .

I guess that means if you want to do a small batch, then you would do a full volume mash.
I wonder what is the smallest batch it will do then?

Back