Abey's AG#12 Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
hi folks, not been posting as much as my laptop died then was fixed but died again,writing this on my iPhone.
Decided to stick on a mash tonight with 4 kg of pale malt and do the sparge tonight aswell, will keep the wort in my boiler under lid and airlock and do the boil when I get back from work tomorrow. dunno what to do hop wise, ive got loads to use but im thinking of around 200g of simcoe,20g at 60,20g at 20, 60g at 5 mins, 100g at 0! n as my laptop is still deid i don't know what that will turn out like but im looking for something 3.8-4.2% and a hop bomb, will probably dry hop another 100g aswell!

thought I had alot more simcoe but turns out i used it all in the boil. ended up dry hopping with 200g of cascade pellets. aye 200g, now its formed a big lump of **** on the top if my beer, was hoping to keg tomorrow but that wont be happening!

tried this tonight, been bottled for a week and a half and sat at room temp since then, chilled for an hour and poured, its still very hazy but fcuk me what a beer!
what a superb citrus aroma, the first taste on the tongue hits you right away with a fruit salad sweet type flavour, even after your first gulp you can still taste it from the front to the very back of your tongue. it reminds me of a cross between a punk IPA and dead pony club, also quite similar to fyne ales Jarl in its hoppy and bitterness. overall this is the beer Ive been waiting to brew since I've went AG. unbelievably tremendous!

I can vouch for that 1 what a great beer tried it in the beer swap
ejh8.jpg

sounds nice - not so sure about drinking out of yer mum's vase

benj said:
sounds nice - not so sure about drinking out of yer mum's vase

:rofl: :rofl:

you can put the flowers back in when you've finished supping

well done abey :thumb:

Hello got the ingredients delivered earlier today including the simcoe hops never tried simcoe before your ale, hopefully mine will be as good as your one.

added 25 gram o simcoe to me 2 brews on secondary earlier too just cos i could.

THAT SIMCOE HOP STUFF HAS SOME WIFF TO IT AND OILY AS IVE NEVER HAD BEFORE
they are full of cascade by the way,

any tips will be highly appreciated
just gunna do a mini mash later this week with it all and go for priming with 135 gram hopped light spray malt on 40 pints or whatever like I've done before to create ice cream like crazy head
bit over carbonated but good fun at parties this on was 5.7 %

1bqq.jpg

czgb.jpg

Nobby

Back