A long stainless steel spoon or paddle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurch

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone had a source of decent length spoons or paddles made of stainless steel?
These plasticy ones are a bit 'orrible!

I am with L here, now that I am using upwards of 10 kg of grain the standard plastic ones just not up to it. Description, better imagined that described. ;)
So also looking for something a bit more rigid.......... :) easy enough to make, its sourcing the materials.
There's a business enterprise for someone ;)
How big are those Poundland one James?

Leave it with me, I shall see what my suppliers can come up with. A slightly larger size than the plastic one's I think??

Yes MD, I'm sure you know the sort of thing that's required, those plastic one are like.........no better not say what I'm thinking
:lol:

Springer said:
I am with L here, now that I am using upwards of 10 kg of grain the standard plastic ones just not up to it. Description, better imagined that described. ;)
So also looking for something a bit more rigid.......... :) easy enough to make, its sourcing the materials.
There's a business enterprise for someone ;)
How big are those Poundland one James?

About 15" long. They've worked for 15kg of grain in my 60l thermobox.

There were some one for sale on ebay, a couple of weeks ago, and they had the bonus of coming complete with a 120l boiler, :D

You could always make a paddle out of 15mm copper and some 15mm elbows, its pretty easy to do.

UP

below is a picture of my stainless paddle
ag12-3-paddle-1.jpg

it's 24" long ( :P ) and cost me around £20 including delivery. It has a few minor surface rust spots on it but it was the cheapest stainless paddle I could find. 60" paddle will cost you £25+VAT+Delivery

Here's the link Stainless Paddle

Mark

Afternoon V, not seen you around for a while. :thumb:
invisible paddles
Yes I was wondering where it was :lol:
Those on BT link look good, :D

Aleman said:
What are the dimensions of the blade . . . while a standard spoon is fine for my 20L system I need something bigger for the 150L system, and that looks about perfect.
I'll measure it when I get home, it's a bit OTT for my 24L Mash tun, but much better than my plastic spoon

Latest posts

Back