A biking YAY!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
I sat my IAM advanced motorbike test today - and passed :cool:

Long ride, demanding expectations, but all good :drink: :drink: :drink:

Congrats BigYin. I'd love to go for a biking licence but the Mrs will not allow it!!!

Mine didn't allow it either but I told her it was non-refundable after I booked it.

Love every minute of it. Wish I'd done it earlier.

K

Thanks all - the standards they are looking for are pretty high, so I'm really chuffed to have passed - but it doesn't mean I can't still improve ;)

tbert, just get her told!! :twisted:

Cheers Calum - it was a good day in the end, although it started out a bit icy, so the hill I have to go down from my house was sketchy as hell on a big heavy sports bike!! Was great once I was away from that though.

BigYin said:
Thanks all - the standards they are looking for are pretty high, so I'm really chuffed to have passed - but it doesn't mean I can't still improve ;)

tbert, just get her told!! :twisted:

Have you seen my wife... she's bigger and butcher than me lol... Only joking but she is like the white version of that black woman from Police Academy... The one who is really quiet and appears timid but **** her off and she will turn into a crazy nutter.

I'm working on her. Ive asked for my 30th. Im trying to sell it to her. Any tips?

Congratulations, I have an idea how hard it is to pass that. Back in the day I passed my ACU Gold Star test, had one hell of a headache at the end of it, but worth the hard work :)

Passing the Gold was one of a couple of things that probably kept me alive while friends and aquaintances were planting themselves at an alarming rate :(

congrats yin

tbert33 said:
Im trying to sell it to her. Any tips?

tell her when you are out on the bike you won't be in the way while she is doing the housework :thumb:

thank me later

tbert33 said:
I'm working on her. Ive asked for my 30th. Im trying to sell it to her. Any tips?

1. It's a great way to commute, costs less to run than a car, and is way quicker because you don't have to sit in traffic jams..

2. It's more reliable, discreet, and less damaging to your marriage than an affair...

3. "You'd look amazingly sexy on the back of my bike all dressed up in leather... "

4. It was a gift and I can't back out of it now...

Thanks gents. Ive noted everything down. I shall report my progress as i go!!!

Well done! I did the car version a few years back. I'm going to sign up for the RoSPA course on payday (for the bike).

James

BigYin said:
tbert33 said:

1. It's a great way to commute, costs less to run than a car, and is way quicker because you don't have to sit in traffic jams..

2. It's more reliable, discreet, and less damaging to your marriage than an affair...

3. "You'd look amazingly sexy on the back of my bike all dressed up in leather... "

4. It was a gift and I can't back out of it now...

Pity that bit isn't right aint it? :(

My Falco costs about twice as much per mile to run compared to my Rover 75 diesel, low 30s to the gallon, tyres at £150 quid a pair every 4k miles don't help, if I paid someone to service it for me it'd be even worse.

Happily, cost isn't the reason I ride. I ride bikes because it's fun, pure unadulterated fun, even at reasonably legal speeds riding the Falco gives me a buzz, driving my Rover 75 is pleasant, but it's not 'fun', it's just very , very pleasant transport :D

Shush - don't tell them that!! It's smaller than a car, so it's GOT to be cheaper, right? :thumb: :mrgreen:

BigYin said:
Shush - don't tell them that!! It's smaller than a car, so it's GOT to be cheaper, right? :thumb: :mrgreen:

I have used that once or twice, but being a bachelor until very recently I've never needed to use it to justify the ownership of a bike :)

Where it is cheaper around here is going over the bridge to England, they let bikers back in for free which saves £6 a trip, one of my neighbours justified his blackbird with that saving :D

Congrats!

Biking is great, and addictive! I'm lucky my misses likes bikes and the bike is a member of the family :D. Living in Finland is great coz in the summer I ride bikes and in the winter I brew beer :cheers:

Latest posts

Back