60 Litre Boiler question.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just finishing off my new 60 litre plastic boiler and I,m not quite sure which side of the Tank Connector to put the Fibre Washer. Does it go inside or outside, silly question maybe.... but could be quite important. Same question applies to the 11" Incaloy Immersion Element, in or out. :wha: ..... Best regards Buster

Outside for the immersion element and for the tank connector (although I'm using silicone washers for the tank connector). Tip for you on the immersion element (and the tank connector) - use ptfe tape on the threads I didn't and sprung a leak and it was a PITA to redo. :nono:

Thanks for the reply, I actually asked a Plumber about 10 minutes ago and guess what !!... he said dead the opposite. Reason he gave was that if the washer was on the outside and none on the inside , water would ingress down the thread and it would leak, with the washer on the inside, this cannot happen. But I suppose a belt and braces approach would be to put one in AND out. If you think about it, thats why the PTFE tape solved your problem as the thread was leaking. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back