40 Lt aquaroll

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazydog

Reaction score
just a mad idea but could a 40Lt aquaroll as used for caravaning be used as a pressure barrel should be right plastic as it is meant for drinking water and they are quite tough!

Great idea, I love the lateral thinking :thumb:
BUT
I personally wouldn't use anything as a pressure vessel that wasn't designed as a pressure vessel ;)

tubby_shaw said:
Great idea, I love the lateral thinking :thumb:
BUT
I personally wouldn't use anything as a pressure vessel that wasn't designed as a pressure vessel ;)
you can buy attachments to run them at mains water pressure what ever that is how would that compare with 10psi of S30

I believe the S30 is more than 10 psi. The 10 psi relief is achieved by the valve attached to the pressure barrel having a 10 psi release mechanism (a hole with a rubber band over the top of it). I think. Again, as TS alludes to, unless it has been pressure tested (and you have a pressure relief mechanism) I wouldn't risk it unless you are prepared to sacrifice the conatainer and it's contents - if you are though... let us know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back