32 Pints down the drain!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
:( have just had a cheeky sample from my keg of Bridestone Bitter, before removing to cold storage, & its picked up an infection or oxidised, its gone a bit vinegary and oxidised, am well miffed as it was a good drop.

I was also a bit bothered as I handed some samples, bottled out of the same stuff last week, but I have some wort/yeast saved in a sterilised bottle taken from the same batch and that is still in perfect order.

Therefore I don't think I purged the keg well enough, after filling, but I bloody will do with the next one.

Ah well will need to get another one on this friday to make up for it now!

UP

that's a shame UP, there's nothing worse than seeing a batch disappear down the drain mixed with your tears!

Tony said:
that's a shame UP, there's nothing worse than seeing a batch disappear down the drain mixed with your tears!

I'm sure its not the last, but will be even more vigilant next time, Just one of the lessons In life's learning curve.

UP

Sorry to hear that UP.

Reminds me I better buy some balsamic and make a few fly traps, shouldn't be as bad as last year as I got rid of my compost heap

unlucky, UP, just lost the hopstopper on my tun over the weekend and boiler, propoer double whammy, ferment is going good, just dont know what I'm fermenting !
Is it worth hanging onto this bottle you dished out at Knutsford ?
Brew on, brew on
Fras

I've got three cornii of "A Iron Thirst, defended" sat next to the drain ready for the same fate . . . . Something in the water no doubt

highwayman said:
Aleman .... No :eek: What's caused that :hmm:
Cheap Shoddy workmanship an parts fitting my Sight tube to my 100L FV :evil: I ended up with a slight leak in the insulation which over time developed a lovely mould colony . . . . The Pilsner was the one that suffered eventually. . . . I've subsequently stripped it all down and fitted a sight tube ala Vossy . . . just insulation to put back on and I am sorted and ready to go . . . but of course now I have the conical so may not need the 100L shiny FV in the future :hmm:

Back