30lt Mango/lime pickle barrels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the bigger 60l brothers of those, and they are fine. I have one insulated as a mash tun and the other two as hlt and kettle. I also use them as fermenters. :thumb:

Im not sure i'll be doing brews that large to start with just the usual 23ltr brews.

At 30lt that should be big enough for the liquer/boils and mash grains shouldn't it?

I have already aquired the brass ball valve with 90dgr bend and by the end of the day will also have the bulkhead fitting to connect it to the barrel.
I have access to some ellements too but cant find a way of fitting them so i'll have to go down the kettle element rout.

They're like this one http://www.sourcingmap.com/element-220v ... =ukfroogle

Andy

I have a 30 ltr one which I use as a mash tun, insulated with foil covered bubble wrap, no problems :thumb:

Baz Chaz said:
I have a 30 ltr one which I use as a mash tun, insulated with foil covered bubble wrap, no problems :thumb:

Well thats good to hear.

I will be insulating mine with 1,1/2" thick high density foam and then wooden slatting to make it look pleasing to the eye.
I'll be able to hide the wireing from the elements and the blueness (not sure thats a word) that way too. :thumb:

Where did you get them from? I'd like 3 myself to use as boiler / HLT / MT but not had any luck sourcing them so far. (im looking at freebie options so far)

I paid about £7 each of flea bay a fews years back which I didn't think was bad. I think a member on here gets them in and sells them on.

What ever you do, don't pay for them :shock:

I just rang round my local indian restaurants and takeaways asking if they had any old mango chutney barrels.
Out of the 6 i rang 2 said yes they had some and i could have them "Free" and said i could have as many as i liked.
If you get the choice go for the lime pickle ones as they have a white food grade Very smooth coating on the inside instead of the blue plastic!

They are 33lt in volume and very strong.

Andy

Latest posts

Back