2018 Beer World Cup - Semi Final Final No 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2018 Beer World Cup Semi Final No2

• Westmalle Dubbel

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Timothy Taylor Landlord

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoddy

General lurker.......
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The second heavy weight battle is possibly between two of the favorites to take the title.

Timothy Taylor Landlord Vs Westmalle Dubbel

upload_2018-12-17_10-2-49.jpeg
images

If TT wins this thing I swear I'm done aheadbutt

This is making me want to hunt down a bottle of TTL now as I've had it before and didn't remember it being anything remarkable. Perhaps it's a bit like when Greece won the Euros back in 2004. Or when leave won the Brexit vote. :p

This is making me want to hunt down a bottle of TTL now as I've had it before and didn't remember it being anything remarkable. Perhaps it's a bit like when Greece won the Euros back in 2004. Or when leave won the Brexit vote. :p

At this rate, it might be January's Beer of the Month and we will all be hunting it down !!

It’s much better in cask than bottle, but even then it’s just a bog-standard bitter IMO.

It’s much better in cask than bottle, but even then it’s just a bog-standard bitter IMO.

I've only had it on tap but pretty much my sentiment. It was someone else raving about it that made me try it - I was in a CAMRA pub and [the following may be untrue] I said a bit too loudly I didn't see what the fuss was about and the place just fell deathly silent.

TT is a good beer to to give your taste buds a rest before going back to something more tasty. Thats about it. bottles quite refreshing but draught is usually flat and warm. With so many tasty beers out there i cant believe this could win it.

A lot of naysayers, just like Brexit... Next you'll want the voting to be run again in hope for a different outcome. Perhaps a well brewed bog standard bitter is better than a lot of the johnny foreigner swill.

So none are in doubt.... I'm sitting on the fence as far as TTL is concerned.

A lot of naysayers, just like Brexit... Next you'll want the voting to be run again in hope for a different outcome. Perhaps a well brewed bog standard bitter is better than a lot of the johnny foreigner swill.

So none are in doubt.... I'm sitting on the fence as far as TTL is concerned.

I reckon TTL will snatch it with 52% of the vote, mostly through people voting for it because they liked drinking it 30 years ago, and then everyone will be forced to only drink that for the rest of our lives whether they like it or not.

Ok, I'm going to stop with the political analogy before I get in trouble.

Timmy keeps on plotting forward doesn’t he. Can anyone stop him? I don’t understand (like many others) how he’s got this far, but only the voting will give us the answer.

ive never tasted the belgium one, so cant really vote on this.

maybe the general familiarity and wideness of availability of TT is helping it along

I was a TT naysayer but after trying a bottle I'm less of a naysayer, but don't understand how it got so far.

Latest posts

Back