1st Brew Kegged

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SV-Ale

Reaction score
I have just Kegged my first brew a Samsons traditional bitter after 11 days in the FV. OG was 1071 and FG was 1012 so should be around 7%abv. I brewed it short to 24 pints so added 44g of demerera sugar once in the keg. Does this sound about right?

Got a Woodfordes NOG to make up next as darker ales/stouts are my preference the bitter just came with my starter kit.

Now a 4 week wait although may have a few quality control samples along the way!

I have just Kegged my first brew a Samsons traditional bitter after 11 days in the FV. OG was 1071 and FG was 1012 so should be around 7%abv. I brewed it short to 24 pints so added 44g of demerera sugar once in the keg. Does this sound about right?

Got a Woodfordes NOG to make up next as darker ales/stouts are my preference the bitter just came with my starter kit.

Now a 4 week wait although may have a few quality control samples along the way!

I just finished drinking my first keg of IPA. I used 80g of dextrose for 40 pints and that turned out well carbonated in the keg. I only needed a CO2 bulb once, after drinking half the brew, to re-pressurize the keg.

Something useful for me was contacting the brewery directly via their website about the brew kit for advice. They were more than happy to discuss my brew and offer tips.

After 4 weeks in the keg, the bitter after taste had dissipated from fermenting and the beer was a nice smooth IPA.

Good luck with your brew.

Latest posts

Back