1st attempt at a mash tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right so Ive made my mash tun its not the prettiest of things I know ive filled it with water only out of the tap so the temp is not strike temp it started at 49.1 degrees after 90 min it dropped to 48.1 so not bad still got to insulate the lid but i thought not bad any feedback would be appreciated
mashtun.jpg

That looks a lot like my tun :thumb:
I just drape another couple of pieces of tank lagging over the lid to insulate it ;)
When properly pre heated I find the temperature loss over 90 minutes to be negligible :D

tubby_shaw said:
I just drape another couple of pieces of tank lagging over the lid to insulate it ;)
When properly pre heated I find the temperature loss over 90 minutes to be negligible :D
I was thinking of getting my hands on some polystyrene ceiling tiles for the top and bottom also i had a daft idea of standing it on my heat tray ?

Eddie I don't want to worry you, but theres a bloke in your garden with a camera :drunk:

31bb3 said:
tubby_shaw said:
I was thinking of getting my hands on some polystyrene ceiling tiles for the top and bottom also i had a daft idea of standing it on my heat tray ?

Mine looks like this during the mash
Mashtunclothed.jpg

As you said, not the prettiest but it does the job very well :D

Latest posts

Back