£120- All grain kit ideas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazycallum

Reaction score
Fancy getting my self an all grain kit but only have about £120 to spend, I'm not to bothered about not having a 10 gallon boiler etc so would I be able to get everything needed for 5 gallon brews with £120 to spend? Already have fermenter bucket :)
Anyone got any advice? :cheers:

CC, i am brewing with the Hop and Grain AG Kit; it will be able to brew in the region of 12 gallons ( Two Kegs)
For the price its just a littel over £120 but not so much, well worth the extra... and go for the double element version.
I have seen cool boxes modified for the mash tun but this one only loses max 3 degrees over 1 1/2 hours
I am extremely pleased and really no issues with this set up.
Look to the picture... its good if you can arrange a gravity set up like mine it saves extra cost of pumps.

P1010178300x225.jpg

Is that the £163 one with no thermostat? £30 more is quite alot atm for, wouldn't be able to afford to go to sixth form for 2 weeks :P What would I use as an immersion chiller?

Is there much difference in getting the double element one compared to single?

Suppose that might have to do until I get a bit more money, anyone else got any ideas of what i should get? Really only need a boiler and mash tun don't I? Surely I can get them for £120

Will having only a single element make much of a difference to how long it takes to boil?

i`m going all grain on the cheap!!!

Try freecycle for stuff first - i managed to get this

get a cheap cool box and a bit of copper pipe and make your own mash tun!!

good luck :cheers:

The water for the mash and the sparge needs to be heated - in a common ag setup this is done with a Hot Liqour Tun (essentially it is a boiler / water heater for this sole purpose).

Back