WOW..... Born in the 60s

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

CesCille Torres ·​

I didn’t write this, but this is cool.
Credit to the owner

They call us "The Elders" We were born in the 60s

We grew up in the 70s.

We studied in the 80s.

We dated in the 80s-90s.

We got married (or not ) and discovered the world in the 80s-90s.

We ventured into the 80s-90s.

We stabilized in the 2000s.

We became wiser in 2010.

And we are firmly moving beyond 2020.

It seems like we live in seven different decades... TWO different centuries... TWO separate millennials...

We have gone from a rotary dial telephone with party lines and a long distance operator to video calls anywhere in the world.

We've gone from slides to YouTube, vinyl records to streaming music, handwritten letters to email and WhatsApp.

From live game radio, to black and white television, to color television and then to 3D HD television. To the video store and now it’s Netflix.

We met the first computers, punched cards, floppy disks and now we have gigabytes and megabytes on our smartphones.

We dodged infantile paralysis, meningitis, polio, tuberculosis, swine flu and now COVID-19.

We used to ride roller skates, tricycles, bicycles, mopeds, gasoline or diesel cars and now we drive hybrids or electric cars.

Yes, we've been through a lot, but what a life we've had!!!

They could describe us as "exemplars", people born in that world of the sixties who had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.

Our generation has literally lived and witnessed more than anyone else in all dimensions of life.

It is our generation that has literally adapted to more change than any before or since.

A big round of applause to all the members of a very adaptable, very unique generation!

The Best is Yet to Come!

Last edited:
It was always going to happen Clint, they are already robbing houses off families who's parents need to go into a home :(

It is amazing when you see the facts listed like that. When I look back on the technology of my school years (the geeks still used slide rules, there were no calculators for it yet). But, my parents were involved in the space program that sent a man to the moon. When you think about it, it is amazing that all this technology that everyone uses was created by our parents and us.
Heck I remember first using the internet before there were browsers.

I remember in school when they introduced computers! There was a lad in my year who was telling the teacher he was wrong.
He went on to be a multi millionaire retired at 40.

Back