What have you been cooking in your air fryer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Research by Utilita found that air fryers run at an average cost of £55.71 a year, while an electric cooker runs at £335.57 a year.

I knew the savings would be high but didn't expect it to be so high.

Demands for air fryers have rocketed by 3,000% as customers seek to save on their energy costs, research suggests.

They have been growing in popularity in recent years as they can offer similar results to deep-fat frying without the need for large amounts of hot unhealthy oil.

But demand for the kitchen gadget has soared in recent months as they have been found to be significantly more cost-effective in terms of energy use than a standard oven.

Research by Utilita found that air fryers run at an average cost of £55.71 a year, while an electric cooker runs at £335.57 a year.

Another study by Hometree in September found that while an oven with an average wattage of 3kW costs about 34p to run for 20 minutes, a 1kW air fryer would cost 10p.

The appliances have a heating element on the top with a large fan to distribute the heat, meaning that they do not need much time to pre-heat and the food cooks quickly and evenly.

Air fryers sell from about £60, but more expensive ones can cost more than £200.

The top-selling air fryers have risen in popularity by more than 3,000% since this time last year and are up 2,000% since the summer, price comparison website PriceRunner said.

Full article -
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-11-07...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667835541-1

Roast chicken with my hysapientia air fryer oven.:cool:
d3428881-4fd0-4fa1-baea-93d25b4a5c1a.png

I love using my Ninja Foodi for making potatoes and adding a sweet glaze like honey and balsamic is a great way to finish them off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a while since i have posted in this thread, we still use our machine (below) almost every day its the best kitchen gadget we have ever bought.

Chippy_Tea posted - We decided to buy this version as there is only two of us here most of the time and it was £60 cheaper than the ninja.

Had one in my Basket back in September but as they couldn’t guarantee delivery before going away, I left it. Only just able to get one.. DPD delivery guy says he must deliver 10 a day.
Only done a few things in it but so far well impressed.

As it's Sunday I think I'm going for my Air fryer TDF Secret Yorkshire puds.
But filled with Ras el Hanout chicky curry. Lots of pud research produced great results.
Happy to share wot i know. Please add tips!

• Use volume ratio 1:1:1 for plain flour/eggs/SSmilk
  • Make up batter and let it rest in fridge for 1hr
  • Use the biggest bowl size metal ramekins that will fit your AF with plenty space to allow circulation and height so puds don't burn on element :tinhat: (they will rise double the ramekin height!)
  • 1 cm oil in ramekin get it hot as you can in AF - almost smoking
  • Pour 1 cm batter then back in fridge with bulk
  • 5 mins max and whip them puppies outclapa
athumb..

Latest posts

Back