What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m obviously in a bit of a drinking mood tonight. Luckily these are session beers at 4.2% and 3.2%.

It’s really just safer water 🙄

7B526701-3579-4D69-BB0E-9E4B10F7292F.jpeg

Wife’s away on night duty so time for a few beers. Belgian BLONDE for me. Has a taste like h’s leffe but not as nice lol
You’ll like my next experiment after the bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. It’s inspired by a beer I saw someone else drinking, a cognac barrel aged tripel. 🥳

You’ll like my next experiment after the bourbon barrel aged imperial stout. It’s inspired by a beer I saw someone else drinking, a cognac barrel aged tripel. 🥳
Ohhh that sounds good. The brewer I know that does the sour beers did a Belgian quad in brandy barrels and hit it with lacto as well. It was amazing. So complex and tasty.

Not sure I’m brave enough to sour it as well as infuse it with cognac and oak, not yet anyway.
It’s his thing. He can’t brew any normal beers in the brewery as everyrhings “infected” with his house strain of lacto so contract brews all his regular beers. Once you use it in the barrel your doing it to everything else that goes in it.

The good.....

Well, DocAnnas Naeb'dy Aboot. 1 full keg thereof 😀 An absolutely fantastic lager.

The bad.....

My party tap appears to be effortlessly turning it into foam, this pint took me about 10 minutes to pour amongst various spillages etc. And I even tried to put my flow control tap on to try, which resulted in beer pouring out from under the collar. My first time working with a corny keg. No idea what I'm doing wrong, but I'm doing something wrong 😂

Anyway, Cheers @DocAnna this is every bit as good, if not better than the first time I tried it, and would pass as a premium commercial lager with flying colours. It has everything except the carbonation I have managed to strip from it.

Attachments

• 20220826_164344.jpg
    20220826_164344.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back