What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO'D made rich pastry mince pies using 2 egg yolks, so we had 2 egg whites to use up. ? What to do?
💡
Pisco sours!
Reminds us of our Ruby Anniversary trip to Peru, not long before the dreaded lurgie hit us all.
Ah, memories,
those were the days!
IMG_20211212_192322.jpg
IMG_20211212_192334.jpg

Funny I really like it. No accounting for personal taste lol

I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt and going to say it’s probably been on the shop shelf for a long while. We only got it because of its reputation but now I’m probably not going to buy it again for fear of the same.

Dry hopped citra wheat beer from a recipe by @Jim Brewster. Kegged on Friday and burst carbed. I’m getting more wheat malt on the nose than citra but it’s there in the background. Carbonation level is spot on (48hrs at 25psi), but the head dissipated fairly quickly as you’d expect with the short conditioning time. There’s a tonne of clovey esters and fruity phenols in perfect balance and the citra is sitting in the background. I should have kept better notes when I drank Jim’s, but from memory the hop stood out a bit more than in my brew. It’s a great beer, thanks Jim. I’ll get a bottle off in the post to you so you can see what you think of my efforts.
83930FEB-9F54-46FC-B491-5688C2EE0F97.jpeg

I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt and going to say it’s probably been on the shop shelf for a long while. We only got it because of its reputation but now I’m probably not going to buy it again for fear of the same.
Lisa, its nowhere near as good as it used to be asad1 Just like punk ipa v1 was compared to whichever of the latest versions of it you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back