What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best
2D03FE7F-04AF-407E-8B80-73A3C046E617.jpeg

Sneaky early taste of my Youngs European Pilsener brewed with M84 Bohemian lager yeast, just to check carbonation of course !
I made the same kit right at the start of lockdown as I dusted off my old kit so it's easy to appreciate the difference in finished drink with a longer fermentation at low temperature with a true lager yeast.
Happy with the carbonation which lasts to bottom of the glass.
Nice and cold crisp out of the fridge, slightly sweet but bitter finish.
Only bottled on monday so should be improving for Xmas.
IMG_2020-12-12-20-10-25-469.jpg

I left the last bottle of this year's pilsner for the wife but she went on to open a can of brewdog layer cake so I thought I would join her with a bottle of my own milk stout.

I over indulged yesterday so just the one today. I deserved it after sorting out my shed! The wife bought me two storage boxes for Christmas (one for tools, one for beer).
IMG_20201212_131534.jpg

Anyway, onto the beer... Advent no.12 Lockdown gauva and grapefruit pilsner. Smells like a Rubicon!
IMG_20201212_154554_696.jpg

Moving on to a limited edition from another local brewery: Kettlesmith's "Dubbel Espresso". Hoping the beer lives up to the name.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_210145.jpg
    IMG_20201212_210145.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 43
I've extended my rediscovery of 'strong' beers currently on offer from Tesco. Tonight its Old Crafty Hen , and last night it was Abbott Reserve. OCH is much to my liking, Abbott Reserve less so, a little too sweet for me. But why do these two come in clear bottles?
Anyway the league table at the moment is
- Old Crafty Hen
- King Goblin and Old Peculier equal
- Adnams Broadside
Thats about it from Tesco, but we have a Waitrose 'big shop' just before Xmas and they have Badger The Cranbourne Poacher, Fullers 1845 and Fullers ESB (which just about qualifies) so they are all on the list.
Last I would like to re-acquaint myself with Owd Rodger (Marstons), and Riggwelter but not available in this area. asad1

I've extended my rediscovery of 'strong' beers currently on offer from Tesco. Tonight its Old Crafty Hen , and last night it was Abbott Reserve. OCH is much to my liking, Abbott Reserve less so, a little too sweet for me. But why do these two come in clear bottles?
- Old Crafty Hen
- Adnams Broadside
Thats about it from Tesco, but we have a Waitrose 'big shop' just before Xmas and they have Badger The Cranbourne Poacher, Fullers 1845 and Fullers ESB (which just about qualifies) so they are all on the list.
Last I would like to re-acquaint myself with Owd Rodger (Marstons), and Riggwelter but not available in this area. asad1
Don’t forget old tom. It’s easy to find, I think.

- Old Crafty Hen
- Adnams Broadside
Terry och is on my list as is kg and broadside lovely ales, try a mac q champion its a top ale in my book athumb..

- Old Crafty Hen
- Adnams Broadside

Not tried 1698, love the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back