The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the odius toad who runs London has won or lost
The London mayor and assembly results are out later today.

Sadiq Khan is heavy favourite to win. Which is probably just as well for the Tories, as they really don't want Susan Hall in a prominent position, she's more batpoo than Liz Truss.

BBC forecast: Sadiq Khan to be re-elected as London mayor​

The BBC's polling expert John Curtice is forecasting that with six of the constituency results now published Sadiq Khan will be re-elected as Mayor of London for an historic third term.
We anticipate that the outcome in terms of votes will approximately be as follows:
  • Sadiq Khan (LAB) - 43%
  • Susan Hall (CON) - 33%
This would represent a swing of 2.5% from Conservative to Labour since 2021.

106 of 107

Conservative -469.

1714829767562.png

Although a sky news poll reckoned Labour only had the votes for a minority government?

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news...-party-but-short-of-overall-majority-13128242
Yes no guarantee this translates to general election as the turn out was dire, but the recurring theme was splitting the Tory vote in some areas this directly relsted to Gaza in others the Reform party took Tory votes.
Labour still have a lot of work to do if they want to be a majority government it seems

In 2019:
The Tories got 42.4% of the vote 317 seats.
Labour got 40.0% of the votes and got 262 seats.

Thursdays results
Tories got 26% of the vote and if protected to a general election would result in 242 seats according to sky.

Does anyone else see how ridiculously rigged these elections are?

if protected to a general election would result in 242 seats according to sky.

Does anyone else see how ridiculously rigged these elections are?
Please can everyone just ignore that Sky projection, it's utterly meaningless and should be ignored, it's not worth wasting time on.

It's based on England only so assumes no change in Scotland/Wales over 2019 (in reality Labour will take a bunch of seats off the SNP), and it assumes people vote the same way in local elections as they do for Westminster. That's plainly not true - to take one example, the Tories got 39.2% in the local elections last year in the wards that make up the Blackpool South constituency, but only 17.5% in the by election this week.

Anyway, Salford has declared at last so the final scores on the doors are :
1714910344538.png

This was before the Salford declaration but Salford was already Labour controlled and they picked up one seat from the Tories, so the change is the same, the council total becomes 51:
1714910386633.png

I know this thread is about the demise of the Tories but can I just congratulate Lawrence Fox on losing his deposit and not getting elected as a member of the London Assembly. And this is after he said that sinister forces had prevented his application to stand as London mayor as the paperwork was incorrect.

I know this thread is about the demise of the Tories but can I just congratulate Lawrence Fox on losing his deposit and not getting elected as a member of the London Assembly. And this is after he said that sinister forces had prevented his application to stand as London mayor as the paperwork was incorrect.

What an odd c*nt that blokes turned out to be. I liked him in Lewis too!

Back