The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are being forced to go private, which is what they want and if we the public stand idle while it happens evil will triumph
How do you feel about clinics dong terminations and sterilizations?

People are being forced to go private, which is what they want and if we the public stand idle while it happens evil will triumph
The government here encourage people to take out private health cover. It help takes the strain off the NHS.
Believe me, one is better off with private health, no waiting list I had a punctured lung a couple of years ago, straight in within a week to get it plugged up. Could have been waiting months on NHS.
https://www.privatehealth.gov.au/he...h Insurance Rebate to,aged between 18 and 29.

Believe me, one is better off with private health
One shouldn't go to the front of the queue because one has the means to pay and the more that are encouraged to do this out of desperation will mean more doctors etc will leave the NHS causing a vicious circle.

Last edited:
One shouldn't go to the front of the queue because one has the means to pay and the more that are encouraged to do this out of desperation will mean more doctors etc will leave the NHS causing a vicious circle.
Here, it is private health or die. For instance you need an operation, if the procedure isn't carried out you die. On the NHS there is a waiting list with people in the same boat, urgent need of a procedure or die. Pay the private health cover and remove the wait time, it isn't as though it is going to break the bank. I would imagine it is similar over there.

To be fair I had a bypass op 95% blocked LAD 'aka the widowmaker' and was seen to in pretty short order, no doubt 'jumping' the queue of those with 80-90% blockage. However i've had other minor elective surgery and had to wait a bit. I'm not sure I would pay to get seen sooner for those. The problem is that you can't really use say those involved to work in hip replacements to deal with the increased number of heart conditions that covid & covid vaccine may have contributed to.

I'm guessing that certain medical budgets are ring fenced so if the money goes to orthopedics it says in that area.

I know some elderly people have paid to go private for hip replacement ops as whilst not life threatening the pain and quality of life is pants for them and for them the constant pain and having to wait years for an op would be torture.

It anyone saw The John Bishop Show on ITV The Tory party took a right hammering it prompted me to Read Grant Shapps MP & Business secretary Wikipedia It made interesting reading

Here, it is private health or die. For instance you need an operation, if the procedure isn't carried out you die. On the NHS there is a waiting list with people in the same boat, urgent need of a procedure or die. Pay the private health cover and remove the wait time, it isn't as though it is going to break the bank. I would imagine it is similar over there.
For a lot of people, paying the private health cover does break the bank.

And people aren't arguing that you should choose to go on the waiting list and die - it's that you shouldn't have that choice in the first place.

It's worse here. On your side, people expect to pay for a private health insurance and so they do. Are those who can't afford to helped by the state or are they left to rot?
Here the NHS is free at the point of use and it's supposed to work. There shouldn't be any waiting lists. It's not really free of course, Workers and their employers if they're employed, contribute through National Insurance contributions and they have a right to expect a decent health service in return and because of this, people don't expect to have to budget for a private health insurance.The current state of affairs has been engineered by a criminally incompetent government. I doubt they'll ever be held to account for it, though.

For a lot of people, paying the private health cover does break the bank.

And people aren't arguing that you should choose to go on the waiting list and die - it's that you shouldn't have that choice in the first place.
How much is full hospital cover in UK? Over here I pay just over $3,000 per year for my wife and I. About 1500 GBP. Successive governments have tried to get more people to join private health, if they did the cost would come right down.

How much is full hospital cover in UK? Over here I pay just over $3,000 per year for my wife and I. About 1500 GBP. Successive governments have tried to get more people to join private health, if they did the cost would come right down.
It depends on your state of health, if you are young fit and healthy no problem if, you have have underlying illness forget it

It depends on your state of health, if you are young fit and healthy no problem if, you have have underlying illness forget it
Same here Rod you just can't wait until you get something wrong with you and the join, one has to play fair. My sister in law has been diagnosed with cervical cancer despite her and my brother earning almost $500,000 per year the private health cover they were/are on doesn't cover her. Once diagnosed health insurers wont touch you, she has 3 months to wait before action has to be taken. If a spot isn't found on public then she has to fork out $28,000.
This not the first time the torys have tried to privatise the nhs, Macmillan tried in the 60's and failed the bitch tried in 80's and failed and they will fail again
Not just the Tories, Burnside delved into private health as well during the Blair or Brown government.

Private comp health care is @ £250 per month if you are healthy, that is for 60ish if you are younger it would be less I guess.
You can get lower cover from £90 upwards these are all approx and person/age/health dependant
These figures are for a man and wife

Private comp health care is @ £250 per month if you are healthy, that is for 60ish if you are younger it would be less I guess.
You can get lower cover from £90 upwards these are all approx and person/age/health dependant
These figures are for a man and wife
Does the government give any incentive to get private health?

£250 a month christ for a lot of people that's a weeks wage
Exactly. Hence why a lot of people just can't afford it. People are choosing between eating and heating at the moment. It's not like they happen to have a spare £20 lying around - let alone £250 for private health cover.

Exactly. Hence why a lot of people just can't afford it. People are choosing between eating and heating at the moment. It's not like they happen to have a spare £20 lying around - let alone £250 for private health cover.
That is for 2 people but as you say some can not afford it.
I am just starting to look into it as We are due to retire in the next year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back