Poll - What is your expectation of surviving Covid-19 should you get infected

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your expectations on surviving Covid-19 should you catch it

• Very likely

• Probable

• Possible

• Unlikely

• Very unlikely

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm pretty sure I'm getting over it now. I'm on the 3rd week, been through all the symptoms, just left with an occasional cough now. SWMBO on the other hand, hasn't shown any symptoms at all.
That's interesting, Stevey
In late March I was very unwell, and it lasted for about 3 weeks. No cough, no fever, but felt shaky with chills. Plus a hot, dry feeling in the sinuses & back of nose & throat. I have a heart condition which means I've no stamina, but this just slayed me. Walk the dogs for 15min & I had to have a lie down/sleep for an hour! Then, for all of the 3rd week I totally lost sense of smell. Not like a cold, where your nose blocks up & you can't taste properly. I could breath through my nose quite easily, even though it was obvious that my sinuses were inflamed, but absolutely no smell/taste whatever. I had trouble telling a glass of sparklng water from a glass of beer unless I could see it!! Fortunately, the sense of smell returned - not sure how I'd have coped otherwise, if food was indistinguishable from, say, cardboard.
But my wife, over 70, and certainly exposed to whatever virus I had, didn't have the slightest hint of any symptoms. Of course the bugger of it is that, whilst I definitely had a virus (and the doctor banned me from going for my usual bi-weekly blood tests), I have no idea whether it was "the" coronavirus.
Back to the OP, I've voted "very likely", not just because of my experience, but because the statistics all point that way. Unless you're pretty old, and with other problems, the chances of you dying from this virus are quite small. Not much comfort to to those who do succumb though, and especially their families and friends.

My wife said that it's been on the news that vitamin D may (or may not) help with immunity. My wife has been on vitamin D medication for about 5 years after being diagnosed with low vitamin D. That's her theory anyway.

vitamin D may (or may not) help with immunity.
I think basically everybody's port of call at the moment should be Dr. John Campbell. Take a look through his video history to see if he's looked at it, and later videos to see if he's changed his mind or has strengthened his view on it. You'll get far better info than the news.

He's not tied to anything so can just crunch the numbers. I even bet he's against injecting yourself with Vim and squirtying Toilet Duck up you jacksy.

"even bet he's against injecting yourself with Vim and squirtying Toilet Duck up you jacksy."

I just shouted the wife out of the kitchen to read that.
Double LOL

I think basically everybody's port of call at the moment should be Dr. John Campbell. Take a look through his video history to see if he's looked at it, and later videos to see if he's changed his mind or has strengthened his view on it. You'll get far better info than the news.

He's not tied to anything so can just crunch the numbers. I even bet he's against injecting yourself with Vim and squirtying Toilet Duck up you jacksy.

Its worth taking 30 mins to look at the whole video, although there is a summary in the first 5 mins. I like his style and delivery.
Thanks for posting athumb..

Thanks for the video Drunkula, turns out SWMBO was right (again). Please don't tell her. :laugh8:

Its worth taking 30 mins to look at the whole video, although there is a summary in the first 5 mins. I like his style and delivery.
Thanks for posting athumb..

After watching the whole video i decided to start taking the same dose of vitamin D he is taking.

How much/what dose is that chippy?

I am taking 2 x 10mg tablets a day the instructions say to take one a day, i didn't realise the doctor is taking 50mg but he says he is not telling us to do the same.

Watch the video from 17:35.

Back