Pet hates and food

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now there's a "meat" that can create some hard feelings. Personally, it's okay but I still haven't eaten it on purpose in a couple of decades.

I don't know if I've ever had it. Maybe once, maybe not. It's not that I would refuse to eat it. I just don't live in Hawaii, so... :confused.:

It's hard to get a good feel for what salad cream tastes like but based on ingredients, it seems to lie somewhere between creamy salad dressing and mayo.

I reckon that's a fair description! It's a lot tangier than mayo. I could put it on everything along with mayo. Trouble is, once you start, everything tastes bland without it :confused.:

I reckon that's a fair description! It's a lot tangier than mayo.
I was about to say, "I'm surprised it's not readily available here," but thought I should check. It is readily available as Kroger sells it. Sometimes I'm surprised by what I don't know about available food products here.
Kroger appears to be our version of your Tesco, more or less.

Modernist cuisine: purée everything and call it modernist?
Looks like baby food at $500+/person

Could I have spam instead of the baked beans? You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.
Not a fan of spam but if it's black and white pudding now that's the job with a toasted soda farl...

And another peeve:
Went out of my way to set up relative with a case of high-quality burgers. They're expensive but easily worth and still kind of a deal if you're not buying it in a restaurant.
He let his buddy grill the burgers into hockey pucks, totally ruined them. Could have just bought discount meat as when meat is that well done, you can't tell the difference.

Speaking of Spam, I wonder how the Corona beer brand is doing these days?

Edit - i totally misread the post and thought it said corned beef, must go to spec savers :laugh8:

We like corned beef hash made in the crock pot in winter its great to put it on low in the morning and its ready to eat when you come home from work.

SWMBO doesn't slice the spuds she cuts them into wedges and we don't use cheese.

Last edited:
I hate tinned or mushy peas, spam is made from eyelids, lips and ar#es. Worst thing is anything plated up with tweezers in a restaurant.

Latest posts

Back