MillerCoors have stolen the Bud Light recipe!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
Apparently there's a legal battle in progress between AB Inbev and MillerCoors at the minute because MC have allegedly stolen "extremely valuable" "precise recipes" for Bud Light and Michelob Ultra. Not even making this up, see the story here: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...euser-busch-millercoors-lawsuit-a9162201.html

I have managed to obtain a leaked photo of MillerCoors testing out the stolen recipes on their small scale test rig:
wmAzA8b.png

Hmmmm. 6row, some rice, 8 IBUs, and neutral yeast. No way MillerCoors could come up with that on their own. ;)

For calling it beer?
Isn’t there one of the faddy “flavoured” beers that has to call itself a “malt based alcoholic beverage” or similar because it doesn’t qualify as beer?

Apparently there's a legal battle in progress between AB Inbev and MillerCoors at the minute because MC have allegedly stolen "extremely valuable" "precise recipes" for Bud Light and Michelob Ultra. Not even making this up, see the story here: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...euser-busch-millercoors-lawsuit-a9162201.html

I have managed to obtain a leaked photo of MillerCoors testing out the stolen recipes on their small scale test rig:
wmAzA8b.png
Is this what Big Beer consider a late addition? or is it their idea of a de-c*ck-tion!

I too stole the bud light recipe: I turned my water taps on.

I think they are both in the same youth market.When i ran a bar we didnt sell bud.when i queried this with the boss he said sell them coors instead.
Personally i dont buy either of them i like my beer with taste and strong enough to stand a spoon up in.!!

Beer or tea,You get a lot of good tea and beers on the market these days (for a price) compared to my younger days.Infact its trying some of these beers that given this old winemaker the idea of taking up brewing.

Beer or tea,You get a lot of good tea and beers on the market these days (for a price) compared to my younger days.Infact its trying some of these beers that given this old winemaker the idea of taking up brewing.
Sorry JCR, I was having a laugh and forgot to put the smiley in. No offence meant.

Well not me ! Actually its sometimes difficult to get ones point across on a short forum post when being brief can lead to missunderstanding.Its something i am getting slowly better at.

I was given a pack of Bud light and a bottle of dark rum for my birthday, from my son. At least he got one right... I nearly threw the rum, but using the Bud Light as a mixer saved it.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back