Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't need it once coiled as I found you can stretch or compress it as you need, mine was a bit close together once I had fought with the copper but I could ease it out by pulling tip and bottom.
Just try and only roll once as the more you bend the stiffer it gets

Attachments

• 16734553683668508416968157935507.jpg
    16734553683668508416968157935507.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 16734554330941551727848259521454.jpg
    16734554330941551727848259521454.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
I guess the cable tie keeps some tension in it too so it won't fully collapse into itself.
Thanks for the help - I got the bits so will be having a go in the next few days. šŸ‘

The cable tie was only to keep the ends in place ish with the weight of the hoses as they pull it a bit when tested. I also found it easier to gaffa tape the end to the device being used to roll around until I had a couple of rolls and after that it was fairly easy. If you can aquire a helper, it is easier to have them hold the coil slightly unwound as I ended up chasing it all over the living room.

Thought I'd flag this.

Klarsteins Mundschenk all in one system usually goes for Ā£300+. The copper version is currently reduced to Ā£235.99 on it's website (and Hifi Tower), which is tempting enough.

However, there's also another 25% off this. So you're looking at a total of Ā£176.99! That's good enough for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a shiny all in one system.

Granted it's not top of the range and only 30l capacity, but I've not seen sny comparable systems anywhere near this price.
How does one get the extra 25% off? Or is this no longer available?

The covers for these are annoyingly out of stock. Geterbrewed have one for the Brewmonk 30l which looks identical to the Klarstein.

To stop heat loss and to avoid scalding oneself.
Fair point!
Careful on the dimensions on the Brewmonk cover though - the Brewmonk is quite a bit smaller. The height prob isnt an issue for the cover, but the diameter is quite a bit different so the cover may well not fit on the Mundschenk

57.5cm x 35.0cm vs 70cm x 40cm​

I'm a bit dubious about those dimensions. Hard to see how they can both be 30l. I suspect the Brewmonk height is the kettle element excluding element space at bottom. They look identical in the photos. Maybe Klarstein have included handles in diameter?

Has anyone ordered a Mundschenk from Klarstein and received the item. It looks like the item is shipped from Germany and there is no UK address for returns. While looking at the FAQ pages it shows the following "Due to new tax regulations we are currently unable to offer repairs/replacements on items that are being returned." Wonder what this means - money back? or nothing!!

Back