Fleet and Gedney buying

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Dyer

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, someone from Gedney (South Lincs) contacted me (in Fleet 1 mile away) about sharing malt purchases etc. I'm still keen and will need to place an order in the next week or two.

Sorry! I lost the message and have no way of contacting you. Let me know if you're still interested and perhaps we can share a brew sometime.

Any one else in the Spalding area???

I would be interested in probably 5-8kg of a base malt, either MO or golden promise or pilsner. how much depends on how much others want and what splits best based on 25kg bags really. I would go halves on a sack if that suited.

Half a sack probably ought to be a maximum split. Thinking maris otter.

So we have 3 more half's to go!

It really does keep very well in 4 kg plastic tubs. I have some you can have foc.

Half a sack probably ought to be a maximum split. Thinking maris otter.

So we have 3 more half's to go!

It really does keep very well in 4 kg plastic tubs. I have some you can have foc.
That would be perfect, don't currently have anything to be storing it in thanks. Half a bag sounds good works out at base malt for 3 x 20l ish brews. good balance between number of brews and storage room.

How many bags were we ordering and how many people are in?

if we need to collect I have a van if it is easier than lugging into the boot of a car. Where were you thinking of getting them from?

Ahh I see. I called brewers select in peterborough, they will sell to public / homebrewers without a trade account. But even if you collect their minimum order is £100, which at their price is 4 x 25kg sacks of MO, I would take a sack if I had to but storing 2 sacks and committing to that much MO is a bit too much for me.

See if anyone shouts.

I would be in for 10kg of Maris Otter and might stretch to 15kg, and I usually have a few other bits to order too.

*** Ah, I see Brewers Select are a wholsaler only so I won't be able to get my 100g of Fuggles! Still in for 1/2 a bag of MO though. Do they sell it crushed?

@MashBag @Tony Dyer Is there anyone else we could get on board and maybe be able to club together and get a 25kg sack each to make the minimum to buy from brewers select? Admittedly its probably a bit more than each individual wanted to store, but the advantage is we could each have a different malt if desired.

I haven't got an issue with collecting from Brewers Select and then dropping over Gedney / Fleet way as parents still live over there so I tend to be in the area every few weeks.

Maybe @Mash Monster might be up for coming in on the buying group?

Hi Guys I’m currently working my way Through a sack of Extra pale malt from crisp which will last me a good few months however I would be up for a share of a sack of Maris Otter if that helps 👍🏼

I am in Peterborough and could take half a sack, would need to find some storage containers but that can't be too hard (let me know if you have any tips for cheap options)
Thank you.
I have 4kg tubs you can have foc. They are what the fat balls for wild birds come in. Ideal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412-084720_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412-084720_Google.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back