Experienced newbie..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeno

Reaction score
Hi all,

Second time writing this as the first failed to post :hmm:

Anyhow...Just come back into brewing after a self imposed break....We was getting overrun with demijohns of wine and the cornie kegs wouldn't stop breeding.
I have a bad habit of getting carried away with things. This time I have vowed to keep it simple...he says..

I bought a coopers all in one box bitter kit and made that up as a welcome back brew but all that did was remind me why I went all grain last time.
I am well into bbq's and smoking meat so the brew comes in great for cooking..it's not the worst drink in the world but it's more of a drink for drinkings sake to me.

First foray into plastic bottles but have sworn that was the last time too, have just bought 3 basic barrels to house the next brew.
Also picked up a new cygnet 30ltr boiler and a very nice grain bag for biab fun and games.

More of a reader than a poster but will jump in where i can.

Hi Xeno and welcome to the forums.

Its worth looking at the all grain mashkits from the likes of worcesterhopshop, homebrewcompany and geterbrewed. No waste as you get exactly what you need for each brew and tend to be pretty good valueas a result.

There are 5% discount coupon codes for forum members for the homebrewcompany and geterbrewed. The discount codes are posted in posts for each retailer in the 'information, announcements and support forum'.

Cool, thanks for the tip.
Last time around i had a freezer full of half bags of hops and various dried yeasts.. Would be nice to avoid that again if possible.

Latest posts

Back