Dry hop port on Apollo snub nose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
How do people use this?

The first time I used a cut of water bottle as a funnel but too big and lost a quite few outside the FV

The second time i used an actual funnel but it kept clogging up. In fact it took so long I think I would have had less oxygen ingress just taking the lid and dumping them in quickly!

any tips for using the hop port?

If it is the same as the hop port on the Snub Nose Gen.3, it is a complete waste of time - just a marketing gimmick. The only way is to release the pressure, remove the lid, drop the hops in as quickly as possible, replace the lid and re-pressurise. It is important not to allow the krausen to expand enough to reach the PRV as it could block it and become a safety hazard. The Kegland hop bong seems the ideal way to dry hop but that will not fit KK fermenters of course.

I’m coming to the same conclusion, It does seem a bit pointless.

I’ve sen the hop bong too but that going in the othe direction! I’m looking for a low hassle dry hop proses but thought the snub 3/Apollo was supposed to be that!

Maybe there is a good funnel out there that does block?

Latest posts

Back