Corned beef.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i havent seen pastrami for sale in the supermarket for about 10 years . its a shame pastrami is the ultimate corned beef. fortunately pastrami can be easily made from a corned beef. the secret is to steam it after **** done for several minutes. thats what all the real delis do.

for a treat slow cooked pastrami'd beef cheeks are prolly the best thing i have ever had.

Just stumbled upon this corned beef discussion and I'm loving the vibes! Corned beef brings back so many memories of family dinners and cozy evenings. It's like a hug on a plate, am I right?

Made a bit of a balls up with the venison (over salted) but recovered.

@Gax Is there a salt calculation. Might it be 0.05%?
Oh dude I'm real sorry. We've been quite busy. We've got a puppy, lol. To be perfectly honest I forget the scientific answer to this. Let me. look it up.

Attachments

• IMG-20240514-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20240514-WA0026.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
She's a German shepherd. I had no idea they had a white variant.
The white ones are known as Swiss Shepherds in this neck of the woods, berger blanc suisse.
They came out of the same breeding programme that developed the German shepherd, but were originally rejected as they are too docile, or so I understand.
Unless, of course, yours is a German shepherd albino, if such a thing exists.

I am no expert on breeds but I had no idea. Like you, never knew there was a white strain. A bit calmer, more docile might be a good thing.
Are you ready for a life of everyone stopping you and asking?

The white ones are known as Swiss Shepherds in this neck of the woods, berger blanc suisse.
They came out of the same breeding programme that developed the German shepherd, but were originally rejected as they are too docile, or so I understand.
Unless, of course, yours is a German shepherd albino, if such a thing exists.
Hadn't heard about that before. I did read that the white German shepherds were more docile and placid than traditional ones, but I didn't see the bit about them being called swiss shepherds. Very interesting.

In answer to your question though, I don't really have one. The internet seems pretty divided on it, as they are with most things. Id just adjust it to your liking bud. There's not really a wrong answer.

Hadn't heard about that before. I did read that the white German shepherds were more docile and placid than traditional ones, but I didn't see the bit about them being called swiss shepherds. Very interesting.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Swiss_Shepherd_Dog

The males are somewhat stockier than described above. Our vet says 49 kg is the ideal top weight for ours.
The dogs are extremely intelligent, very loyal and gentle and extraordinarily attached to the family to the point of "clinginess". Good guard dogs with a mighty bark and a growl worthy of Aslan. When a stranger is approved by the dog's master he is immediately accepted and welcomed by the dog.
An extraordinary animal. But quite demanding of affection and attention.

Here he is. 7 years old:

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_083333.jpg
    IMG_20240516_083333.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Swiss_Shepherd_Dog

The males are somewhat stockier than described above. Our vet says 49 kg is the ideal top weight for ours.
The dogs are extremely intelligent, very loyal and gentle and extraordinarily attached to the family to the point of "clinginess". Good guard dogs with a mighty bark and a growl worthy of Aslan. When a stranger is approved by the dog's master he is immediately accepted and welcomed by the dog.
An extraordinary animal. But quite demanding of affection and attention.

Here he is. 7 years old:
Oh he's gorgeous. - sorry for derailing the thread.

Just stumbled upon this corned beef discussion and I'm loving the vibes! Corned beef brings back so many memories of family dinners and cozy evenings. It's like a hug on a plate, am I right?
Now, about that bone broth mention, let me spill the tea on that. I checked out the link https://healofohttps//healofoods.com/products/heritage-beef-bone-broth and gotta say, the Heritage Beef Bone Broth sounds like a game-changer! I mean, who wouldn't want a sip of that goodness? It's like hitting the jackpot in flavor town!As for the question on the table, count me in for corned beef any day! Whether it's in a sandwich or part of a hearty stew, it's a winner in my book. But hey, I'm curious to hear what y'all think! Any secret corned beef recipes or tips to share? Let's keep this flavor train rolling!

Latest posts

Back