Collaborative Malt Group Buy - September

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few pics from yesterday's unloading and organising.

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3097.jpeg

img_3099-jpeg.53310

IMG_3098.jpg
IMG_3099.jpeg

Hi Ken about 12ish if thats ok also are there any supermarkets local to you Mrs wants to go shopping acheers.
Perfect

There is a Waitrose nearby - I guess that is your usual sort of place

There is also an Aldi - but nothing in between really (you're more likely to see @chopps in here) also a B & M

If you want a Tesco or a Morrisons Crewe would be your best bet

Sandbach village itself has a market on a Thursday with an excellent fishmongers and several decent butchers. I could also recommend a great chippy!

See you tomorrow

@Rodcx500z The little town centre is worth a look around for you both, or somewhere for your wife to have a wander while you talk about malt and hops. Waitrose is, well... Waitrose, but there's a fantastic little delicatessen called Godfrey Williams on the cobbled square that I really like. If you like a bit of history there are some Saxon crosses to have a look at outside.
A few little boutiquey clothes shops, Chatwins Bakery (get the Savoury Rolls) and as OB said an Aldi and a B&M (for Sodium Percarbonate and not much else).

1629906618283.png

The Old Hall is a nice place for some lunch. Rich history here and apparently haunted.
https://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/oldhall/
1629906691847.png

A lot of listed buildings and architecture if that floats your boat. Listed buildings in Sandbach - Wikipedia
George Gilbert Scott designed a lot of it including the school and literary institute. On that cobbled square is a pub built in 1634 that @Obadiah Boondoggle went to the opening of as a small boy.

The main car park 'Scotch Common' is a market once a week, which is a shame as it's where in 1651 he villagers of Sandbach came across the tired and war weary Scottish army returning from battle in Worcester and murdered them all with pitchforks. Not much has changed, except they use Massey Fergusons and Range Rovers to drive out unwanted guests these days.

It's all walkable.

Best Regards,
Sandbach Tourist Board.
"Sandbach - It's not just a p*ss stop on the M6" (tm)

Thanks Andrew looks like i am in for a good afternoon, i know of Chatwins they used to visit the bakery were i worked for 30 years, i will bring my camera to take a pick of Kens bins :laugh8::laugh8:

Yes Ken you are spot on ARW or Mr Richard the chairman was very friendly with Chatwins , Richard is a great bloke he trained in France and was a proper baker he would come in early doors roll his sleeves up and get stuck in happy days, how did you work that out Ken

Yes Ken you are spot on ARW or Mr Richard the chairman was very friendly with Chatwins , Richard is a great bloke he trained in France and was a proper baker he would come in early doors roll his sleeves up and get stuck in happy days, how did you work that out Ken
Well Rod

We lived in Wigan for many years - and, of course, the biggest/only bakery where you are is Waterfields

Also I worked as a management consultant for many years and Waterfields were a client at one time - I worked with Albert, Richard and John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back