Co-Op live arens.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is turning out to be a embarrassment, last night they were getting texts saying it was cancelled as they were arriving, they cannot get deposits for hotels back and expence for travelling, why didn't they put everything on hold until it was guaranteed to go without a hitch.

BBCNews
US singer Olivia Rodrigo has expressed her disappointment after becoming the latest act to fall foul of a crisis at Manchester's troubled Co-op Live arena.

I'm due to go watch Smashing Pumpkins there in Mid-June. Luckily I live close enough where I don't need accommodation or expensive transport (well, getting anywhere is pricey in this country).
It's an absolute shambles and their schedule is basically three events a week until late September. There's no real window for them to get anything fixed it will just be a case of bodge it as best you can and cancel when needed. The schedule will just get more and more full as they reschedule stuff. Lower earners will be outright cancelled to make way for higher ones.
I guess this is what you get for being overly ambitious with your launch. Should have done this first season with lower capacity stuff that can be cancelled easily.

By Jonny Humphries
BBC News, Manchester

The rapper A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie has announced he will perform at a rival venue after his gig at the troubled Co-op Live arena was axed.

Hundreds of fans turned up at Manchester's new £365m venue on Wednesday evening only to be handed letters stating the show had been cancelled due to "technical reasons".
It was the latest in a series of cancellations as the UK's largest arena's opening schedule was hit by various problems.
Posting on X, the American artist, real name Julius Dubose said: "Yesterday's cancelled Manchester show has been rescheduled for this Saturday at AO Arena! We won't give up that easy let's go!"
The AO Arena also posted to confirm the news: "It’s going to be a brilliant night and we can’t wait to see you all here."
So far gigs by comedian Peter Kay, rock band the Black Keys and popstar Olivia Rodrigo have been cancelled at the Co-op Live Arena, owned by Oak View Group.

Take That have also jumped to the AO.
I didn't know that the Coop were running this first season at a lower capacity (15,000), so if Take That is your bag the higher capacity AO might release more seats.

I'm due to go watch Smashing Pumpkins there in Mid-June. Luckily I live close enough where I don't need accommodation or expensive transport (well, getting anywhere is pricey in this country).
It's an absolute shambles and their schedule is basically three events a week until late September. There's no real window for them to get anything fixed it will just be a case of bodge it as best you can and cancel when needed. The schedule will just get more and more full as they reschedule stuff. Lower earners will be outright cancelled to make way for higher ones.
I guess this is what you get for being overly ambitious with your launch. Should have done this first season with lower capacity stuff that can be cancelled easily.

Ooooh Smashing Pumpkins, that'll be a good'n! 👍

IMG_1902.jpeg

Latest posts

Back