Campden tablets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure you need to worry about how much is left of chlorine or chloramine.
Just use a suitable dose of sod met, if it's too much in the mash or sparge it will get lost in the boil.
LODO brewers seem to use far more than is needed to just neutralise chlorine and chloramine as they want to get rid of oxygen.

After reading this thread ,just a quick question. I use a whole campden tablet the night before brewing on 40L tap wàter ( like to have plenty spare and a full 23L in fv ) .have always brewed using this ratio . So am i contaminating with overdosing is my question? Would compare back to back same brews but as part of my fascination of brewing is the tons of styles and combinations you can achieve so have, so far ,never repeated a recipe ,this site doesn't help with that as every time I visit i come away with another half dozen styles i want to try thanks to whoever mentioned the Bière de garde .(end of quick question )

Possibly too much, but you will boil it off and some will evaporate overnight.
I just lob 0.2 g in with my salts as I fill the kettle.
Agree so many beers to try, I'm just sipping my elderflower saison which I have now brewed four times. But each batch has been different.

Latest posts

Back