Brewzilla gen 4.1?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Kegland Facebook group.

"Got the Gen 4.1 instead of the Gen 4.

Main difference I can see is the clear sight glass.

Emailed Kegland and this was their reply;

“Basically, these are shipping with the PPSU sight glass and will also include upgraded, adjustable clamps (mostly intended if used for distillation).”"

1000068797.jpg

I got the 4.1 from TMM and the only difference I could see was that it comes with a stick on measure for the sight glass so that you can see the volume with the malt pipe in place which hides the volume markings inside. Strangely enough my false bottom only has one pull ring fitted and not two which they all show.

Strangely enough my false bottom only has one pull ring fitted and not two which they all show.
I think the false bottoms with the single pull ring are slightly smaller outside diameter. The ones with double pull rings were larger and proved difficult to get out and kept bending.

The sight glass is a good idea. I often wonder how much volume there is while the pipe is in place. They could also have had the graduation markings in the inside of the malt pipe.

Going back to my previous post I did a brew (think it was the Poe's bitter) where every step was a stage in a profile. Worked well. I wouldn't have done that if the annoying pop-up (or rather stay-up) was there.

The sight glass is a good idea. I often wonder how much volume there is while the pipe is in place. They could also have had the graduation markings in the inside of the malt pipe.

Going back to my previous post I did a brew (think it was the Poe's bitter) where every step was a stage in a profile. Worked well. I wouldn't have done that if the annoying pop-up (or rather stay-up) was there.
Is that the checking for updates one? Drove me mad for 2 or 3 brews.

Is that the checking for updates one? Drove me mad for 2 or 3 brews.

Nope. Previously if you were running a multi-step profile most of the screen was taken up with a message about how you could end this step and go to the next. It meant you couldn't see any of the settings (current temperature etc.). I think it now flashes it up once and then its gone.

Interesting the image doesn't show A sight glass and apart from the intro no mention of it in details .
We had a recent delivery of BrewZillas from Kegland, confirmed they are the updated one with the sight glass, it's in the re-circulation pipe so it looks identical in design except there is now a polycarbonate tube instead of the stainless pipe

TMM seem to have a general Kegland sale on. Just bagged a Fermzilla 3.2 for 80 quid. Well chuffed as I've been looking at these for ages.

We had a recent delivery of BrewZillas from Kegland, confirmed they are the updated one with the sight glass, it's in the re-circulation pipe so it looks identical in design except there is now a polycarbonate tube instead of the stainless pipe
I know I bought one from you. It comes in the kit like the Chubby`s and the Fermzilla`s. You stick it on the sight glass so you can see the volume inside the Brewzilla with the malt pipe inserted. Its not that accurate as the malt pipe pushes the level up but its a big help and better than before.

I know I bought one from you. It comes in the kit like the Chubby`s and the Fermzilla`s. You stick it on the sight glass so you can see the volume inside the Brewzilla with the malt pipe inserted. Its not that accurate as the malt pipe pushes the level up but its a big help and better than before.
The original gen 4.0 didn't have a sight glass at all as the re-circ pipe was steel so when people are looking for the upgrade I think they are after the actual PPSU sight glass not just the stick on measure. I thought I ordered one from the kegland store on AliExpress but when it arrived it was the wrong one so it just got thrown on a shelf in the garage ☹️

Back