Bottle Priming with high-sugar fruit juice?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a NEIPA lover (boo, hiss), I particularly enjoy a tropical one.
I've not yet played with adding fruit juices, but had a thought.

I normally prime 500ml bottles with a spoonful of sugar which carbonates perfectly.

Has anyone tried priming with fruit juice? I'm thinking high sugar ones like mango or pineapple.
33ml of Pineapple juice contains the same amount of "sugar" as 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Aware that sugar is sucrose (so glucose/fructose mix) and fruit sugar being mostly fructose.

Would it work? Does fructose prime beer just as well?

Last edited:
not tried with beers, but tried with cider works in sense of sugar content (provided its pure juice with no preservatives)
the taste does not stay tho , think the yeast strips the flavours as it ferments.

might be different with beer yeasts tho

not tried with beers, but tried with cider works in sense of sugar content (provided its pure juice with no preservatives)
the taste does not stay tho , think the yeast strips the flavours as it ferments.

might be different with beer yeasts tho
I guess it'll ditch a lot of the taste in the same way that you could use 5 litres of apple juice to make cider, but it doesn't necessarily taste that "appley".

Latest posts

Back