Belle Saison 11g Discontinued.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does appear to make MJ the main distributor of Belle Saison. The bulk of Lallemand's production surely goes into 11g packets for the US homebrew market?

The bulk of Lallemand's production surely goes into 11g packets for the US homebrew market?
Well at a company scale, >90% of Lallemand's yeast production is bread yeast, the brewing market is just gravy for them. Bakers are a much nicer market in some ways as they can't repitch, but slimmer margins.
I don't know what their split is within brewing, but I think you'd be surprised how much they shift in the form of 500g bricks, and one of those is the equivalent of 45 homebrew packs.

Anyway, actually reading your original link, I see it was dated 8 months ago and it talks about the dedicated Belle packaging line being reallocated elsewhere, I wonder if this is tied up with their increasing 3rd-party drying business with White Labs and Omega etc?

Well at a company scale, >90% of Lallemand's yeast production is bread yeast, the brewing market is just gravy for them. Bakers are a much nicer market in some ways as they can't repitch, but slimmer margins.
I don't know what their split is within brewing, but I think you'd be surprised how much they shift in the form of 500g bricks, and one of those is the equivalent of 45 homebrew packs.

Anyway, actually reading your original link, I see it was dated 8 months ago and it talks about the dedicated Belle packaging line being reallocated elsewhere, I wonder if this is tied up with their increasing 3rd-party drying business with White Labs and Omega etc?
Yeah, yeah, but I specifically referred to Belle Saison. I'm not seeing much commercial Saison outside of those that maintain their own cultures. A nice boost for MJ.

Back