Beer dispenser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😂 I hadn't noticed the bottle Chippy linked was the 0.5% stuff. The regular stuff is the same price, so the same argument holds though.

Because the minikeg is actual beer whereas the bottled stuff is 0.5% dishwater. (Actually it's not bad for low alcohol stuff).
Well spotted, completely different product really.
But they do have it in bottles at 4.5% 12x for 22.99 from Adnams.

Or with Clubcard 12 for 18 pounds from Tescos, so still cheaper.

It's just a novelty. Something that took off during lockdown. My mate built a bar in his back garden and has a perfect draught machine in it. We were working out how much a pint of Cali pale ale cost, the other night. Think it was about £2 a pint, which isn't far off the 4 for £6 deal you get on 330ml cans from supermarkets.

The real shaft is for those people buying 6L kegs of Coors, bud, Heineken etc., just to pour their own pint. I happen to think £40 for 6L of kwak is a decent deal, going by local prices. Last time I seen kwak in an offy, it was over £4 a bottle. Last time I seen it on a Belgian supermarket shelf, it was €1.

😂 I hadn't noticed the bottle Chippy linked was the 0.5% stuff. The regular stuff is the same price, so the same argument holds though.

Same here,
I cannot find it cheaper than this so it's still £5.99 cheaper than the keg for the same amount of beer.

1669035022095.png

The beer is getting cheaper all the time.

I make it 15.30 for 6 litres in bottle ( 4 for the price of 3 ) and 22.99 for the mini keg.

That's 7.69 pounds cheaper.

So in fact you can get 8.5 litres for the same keg price and have some change.

It's quite a markup to put it in a big can.

@Chippy_Tea

In answer to your question

1.70 x 3 is 5.10.
You get 4 bottles for the price of 3 so 2 litres.

So 12 bottles for the price of 9 is 6litres of beer at 15.30 pounds.

Buy another 3 bottles get the 4th free and then buy one more bottle comes out at at less than 22.99 pounds.

Wish I could find the pound sign on my US keyboard (dvorak).

Last edited:
Back