Beer dispenser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seen this in Asda today £89 not something I would want but might be of interest to someone on here.
ECA59D62-8D80-4A84-9348-37D165EBF458.jpeg

I like the " pour a perfect pint " .

Yet the glass isn't a pint glass on the box and no-one fills a pint glass on the you tube. My wife forwarded this gadget to me a while ago from England and asked if I was interested. I might have painted my display fridge black in the brew room but it's still pretty obvious with 6 stainless taps on the side and a drip tray.

I have one. A birthday present from the kids. It's not bad, you can get a 5L keg of ghost ship from sainsburys for around £15. And when that's finished you can reuse the keg filled your favourite homebrew and 12.5 grams of priming sugar. Carb and chill as you would a bottle. The C02 is just to top up the serving pressure. Great little gadget if you have a few friends over because the beer will only be good for about 48 hours. And the bonus is that some craft beer breweries do 5L kegs so your not stuck with the usual run of the mill stuff. It's not a perfect draft but I give it 8 out 10.

Looks like you get 12 bottles with your clubcard for 18 pounds so that's 6 litres of beer

I was comparing buying 5 litres in bottles to 5 litres in a keg.

Tesco and Sainsburys charge £1.30 for a 500ml bottle so £13.00 for 5 litres.

The Kegs are £22.99 for the same amount.
(a rip off)

I think part of it is the novelty factor of getting a mini keg. From the brewery's point of view, they probably have better economies of scale and existing distribution mechanisms set up for bottles.

But yes, from a consumer point of view, it makes no sense to buy the minikeg. It's more of a faff, and the dispensing is worse as the tiny nozzle makes foamy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back