Anyone harness the energy from brewing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby_patty

Reaction score
Iv heard of people directing the co2 into greenhouses/ poly tunnel to increase plant production. It amazes me when i have a vigorous brew that there must be a way to harness the energy at the airlock ? Newbie so apologise if this has been discussed before.

I dont remember it being discussed (not that it means it hasn't if your relying on my memory) but i have seen else where on the interwebs people attaching one of those silver balloons to a blow off tube and harvesting the C02 that way

Maybe not on a small scale of homebrew, but if you scale it up to brewery proportions, then it would make sense to build a hydroponic greenhouse next door to it, and pipe the CO2 in there for increased yields. You could also use the waste heat in the winter at least, and to some extent the brewery can use it as a heat dump.

Iv heard of people directing the co2 into greenhouses/ poly tunnel to increase plant production. It amazes me when i have a vigorous brew that there must be a way to harness the energy at the airlock ? Newbie so apologise if this has been discussed before.
I use the venting gas to go through the secondary fermenter and keg, needs a receiver on the way out of the fermenter to catch the undesirable compounds coming out with the co2.

Latest posts

Back