Anna's Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be VF careful with the drill. Feel you way. Bradawl is a brilliant idea. Look hard. There are always pipes in the wall for the condenser (different to the bit on the back)

A nasty hissing sound made me say some very rude words and kick a bucket across the yard 🤣🤣

Back to the balloons…. 🎈

I have been swapping over the Dubbel from temperature control to warm the lager up for a a diacetyl rest then cold crash. The 80 litre fermenters deform a wee bit in lifting so I wanted to fit one of my CO2 ballon reservoirs to prevent sucking in of air during movement and cooling. Problem is they don’t fit the super large airlocks on the fermenters. So it was a hunt around the brewery for something that fitted…. Behold the next generation of CO2. Balloon tech for filling from a CO2 line and fitted to a large airlock 😍.

Quite chuffed 😀🎉
IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

Testing and sampling the beers before cold crashing.

Dubbel Knot Too : Fits to style for a Dubbel other than a bit more bitterness but it's that initial bitterness that usually clears once the beer has cleared, nice but not the caramel creamy scruminess I was hoping for. Lets see how it conditions. There's hints of layers here and eek it's strong not by taste but by how I feel after trying a small glass (7.5% based on current readings)
Core F3 : Oh this is yum for a lager, I do like this new yeast. Citrus lemon with a bit of yeasty complexity there. If that stays after it clears I'll be very happy indeed 😍 cheers:

Last edited:
Worry ye not, it will become more complex. I have a Belgian golden strong ale ready for bottling abv 8.14%+ (est), partly inspired by :

1. Your Dubbel knot - to do a Belgian beer and
2. As a protest against duvel for lowering the abv of their standard beer in the UK. :( Leffe blonde from 6.6% to 6% apart from in JDW, Delerium tremens to 7.4% from 8.5% Kasteel rouge from 8% to 7% etc.... still Cherry Choffe is still 8% and St Bernadus abt 12 is still 10% so not all is lost.

Latest posts

Back