1st time pressure lager / pilsener

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siscokid85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I think this early spell of nice weather has got me in the mood for a lager. Has anyone got any suggestions for a receipe for a lager that I can ferment under pressure with a genuine lager yeast please. (no kviek / kolsch yeasts).

Also would like to understand how I can use the pressure fermenter to my advantage so the fermentation doesn’t take weeks (pressures / temperatures). It’s new and I haven’t used it so any advice greatly appreciated.

I don’t drink a lot of lager but some that I like are Adnams Dry Hopped Lager / Budweiser Budvar or spaten.

Appreciate budvar would be hard to replicate without decoction mashing (not an option due to lack of time) but could I use the MM receipe that they did recently and do away with decoction steps and still get half close do we think?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I think this early spell of nice weather has got me in the mood for a lager. Has anyone got any suggestions for a receipe for a lager that I can ferment under pressure with a genuine lager yeast please. (no kviek / kolsch yeasts).

Also would like to understand how I can use the pressure fermenter to my advantage so the fermentation doesn’t take weeks (pressures / temperatures). It’s new and I haven’t used it so any advice greatly appreciated.

I don’t drink a lot of lager but some that I like are Adnams Dry Hopped Lager / Budweiser Budvar or spaten.

Appreciate budvar would be hard to replicate without decoction mashing (not an option due to lack of time) but could I use the MM receipe that they did recently and do away with decoction steps and still get half close do we think?

Thanks in advance!
The malt miller have a video where they pressure ferment and do half the batch with a lager yeast and half with a budvar. Fill the Fermentors leave for 2 weeks no temperature control at all and they are really happy with them serve straight from the Fermentor. It’s on my list for the summer…..once I’ve made all the other stuff on the list!

The malt miller have a video where they pressure ferment and do half the batch with a lager yeast and half with a budvar. Fill the Fermentors leave for 2 weeks no temperature control at all and they are really happy with them serve straight from the Fermentor. It’s on my list for the summer…..once I’ve made all the other stuff on the list!

Sorry, re read the post and saw you literally mentioned this video :)

But 2 weeks flash to bang, it’s got to be worth a go, even it you just do 10 litres.

I did a pressure fermented lager at Christmas to try and turn it around quickly, was not happy with it. Left it for a couple of days before upping the pressure, maybe that’s what I did wrong. Don’t get me wrong, it still got drunk!

Latest posts

Back