What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bap 36. 6.7% west coast ipa. Damm good.
IMG_1698.jpeg

1715979134031.jpeg

I'm revisiting the Belgian Saison. I'll be honest, it's much better - the homebrew twang is still slightly there, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

It's lovely and clear too - it might look a little cloudy, because it's very cold and that's condensation on the glass.

I've also realised it looks flat. It really isn't. It's perfectly carbonated.

Last edited:
First pint for two weeks …. On my way back doon sooth. This is Seannay brewery Dark Munro - a single hop mild. Oooo it tastes mighty fine 😂
You'll love this. One of my colleagues is a Northerner, but he has to come to Southampton every week for work.
He kept moaning that whilst there are some really good beers down south, they're flat as a fart.

I explained that it's because they use sparklers up north. So he's bought one off eBay and apparently the barman at the hotel he stays at has agreed to give it a go!

IMG_20240517_194120.jpg

Late to the party, so a condensed evening catch up.
A first try of my casks' tail-end blended and bottled, after 2+1/2 weeks. That's condensation on the glass.
The fridge chilling fixed the yeast, but left the flavour flat:-
IMG_20240517_194351.jpg

So I high poured to warm it up a bit.
It's OK, but nothing more, like an old fashioned Light Ale. It was worth the try, at least.
Maybe the others will improve if left alone for a while.
Only time will tell.
IMG_20240517_200319.jpg

Next up was my Camden Amber ale. The end of the cask is nigh!
Still Seville orangey though.
IMG_20240517_203932.jpg

Then lastly my Hoppy Pale ale of Kent.
Dank and rich. That's my First Gold and hedgerow EKGs combination to a T.

Latest posts

Back