Ilkley 2010 ???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to meeting you all to
Oreos! Just getting a bit of match practice in with a tripel karmeliet! :D

i am on the 1st train of the day to manchester.
Its going to be a long day.

But enjoyable.

Oh and for anyone going who i have yet to meet i look like a bumblebee today. :)
Up

Nice one UP! I'll be the chap with a shaved head wearing a British and Irish lions shirt! See you there!

LB

Nice to meet you guys, Leedsbrew, unclepumple, Markp, barnsleybrewer, highwayman :-) did I miss anyone? Entertaining and good beers.

Nice to see you to see you nice.

Had a good afternoon nice to put faces to names, and tried some great beers, & am looking forward to the next one in Huddersfield on the 30th NOV already.

UP

Great to put faces to names, UP, Franklin, Barnsley B, Highwayman, markp, dave, ray, and everyone else! Great to chat with like minded folk (most of my friends are drinkers not brewers! Lol)

Enjoyed tasting samples, some lovely beers lads!

I'll not be there in Nov but defo Jan!

Cheers

LB

Nice to meet you all but the room was way to small and the agenda was very basic brewing, I wanted some meaty stuff :?

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Nice to meet you all but the room was way to small and the agenda was very basic brewing, I wanted some meaty stuff :?

I can't speak for the NCB but please feed this back to the organisors. Tell them what you do want, tell them what you don't want, tell them how it can be better. The Craft Brewing Association, and associated local groups, is only as strong as its members and we need to know what the members want. :thumb:

Should I have paid any subs while I was there????

I'll be going again, though I'm not sure when, we are away in November so it will be sometime in the new year :)

Dunfie said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:

I can't speak for the NCB but please feed this back to the organisors. Tell them what you do want, tell them what you don't want, tell them how it can be better. The Craft Brewing Association, and associated local groups, is only as strong as its members and we need to know what the members want. :thumb:

It will be fed back, Callum.

The room was not what the organisers were expecting, they were expecting the whole lower floor, but we were all shoe horned into a room not much bigger than a coffin.

I believe the sportsman @ huddersfield is a much better venue, although I have not been myself, I will ask Derek and Bill what the agenda is for the Xmas meet, as we are trying to attract members not turn them away.

The subject matter was a little bit light I will agree, but you have to remember the organisers have not had much time after the mammoth job of organising and administrating the national.

I am sorry I didn't get much chance to have a good chin wag John, It was just impossible in that room, next time :thumb:

UP

unclepumble said:
I am sorry I didn't get much chance to have a good chin wag John, It was just impossible in that room, next time :thumb:
UP
Be great that Shane, would've loved to chat with you but never got the opportunity. :shock:

BB

I had a great day.....wish I'd had longer to sample even more of that beer menu :shock:

Pleasure to meet you all as well, and look forward to seeing you's at future meets.

unclepumble said:
The room was not what the organisers were expecting, they were expecting the whole lower floor, but we were all shoe horned into a room not much bigger than a coffin.

If a meet was to be held in this area again I would highly recommend Coopers in Guiseley. It is owned by Market Town Taverns who have Bar T'at, so has the same great range of bottled beers, as well as 7 cask beers on every day.

It is an old Co-operative building so the function room upstairs is a really good size

coopersfunctionroom.jpg

It is on the same train line as Ilkley, only one stop from Leeds so just as easy to get to. Paul the manager, and all the staff are all committed to great beer, and the kitchen turns out great food as well.

unclepumble said:
The subject matter was a little bit light I will agree, but you have to remember the organisers have not had much time after the mammoth job of organising and administrating the national.

I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of work Derek et al had to put into the national, a mammoth task and one I'm sure most of us wouldn't envy! :D By all accounts it sounds like they did a sterling job and I can understand them wanting to get feedback from the members that did attend. I think you were bang on the money Shane when you said that maybe they took one too much for just a few of them. I hope they consider hosting another national as I would be there like a shot!

LB

Thanks for the comments chaps. Maybe at the next meeting one of you knowledgable brewers will stand up and tell us all how to brew.
If we ever do another "National" We will want a lot more help from members not relying on two ladies to do most of the work.!
See you all in four weeks in Huddersfield. I look forward to lots of input.
Cheers,. Chelston Brewery.

Chelston Brewery said:
Thanks for the comments chaps. Maybe at the next meeting one of you knowledgable brewers will stand up and tell us all how to brew.
If we ever do another "National" We will want a lot more help from members not relying on two ladies to do most of the work.!
See you all in four weeks in Huddersfield. I look forward to lots of input.
Cheers,. Chelston Brewery.
I'll try and make it... :thumb:

BB

Chelston Brewery said:

I'd be more than happy to do a short presentation on my set up! It's always nice to see how others do it isn't it! I can't remember who said it but someone at Ilkley said "ask 10 brewers a question and you'll get 10 different answers!"

Aint that the truth! :cheers:

Chelston Brewery said:

I'd be more than happy to do a short presentation on my set up one time! It's always nice to see how others do it isn't it! I can't remember who said it but someone at Ilkley said "ask 10 brewers a question and you'll get 10 different answers!" ...............................Aint that the truth!
I've only been AG brewing for a couple of years so I'm still constantly learning, but I'm in the process of building a HERMS so people might find that interesting!

I know Barnsley Brewer has just finished a cracking new HERMS build! Maybee he would be up for a bit of 'show and tell'? :D

:cheers:

I had a cracking day ..followed by a cracking headache the following morning :oops: It was great to meet you all..however, my advice (speaking from experience)..When you are offered samples of your collegaues beers...Only have small tasting samples :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh and if you can help it....Don't take your Kids :roll:

I'm half sure I could do something... at least after a couple of pints ;)
Could bring the old Laptop with some of my setup pictures etc
Could also donate a case of beer as a prize if anyone can come up with a competition???? Something like Guess the Hop or something.

Latest posts

Back