Anyone help with Vu+ and dreamboxes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Kind of playing chicken with Sky HD, cancelled my subs and now waiting for a discounted rate, everyone seems to get offered them and after paying top whack for 20 years thought we'd try.

Sods law they'll not offer anything so have been looking at alternatives. BT vision looks pants with awful reviews, also looked at play TV for the PS3 :wha:

So I started getting linked to satellite forums where the members seem to be talking a foreign language. I kind of get I need a new box that'll cost from £50 to £300 and join a card sharing service.

What I need is a Moley type 'How To' anyone got a good link ?

its a difficult world with D2 mac decoders and internet share cards we looked into it a while back and it worked out too expensive but may be cheaper now that there are more kit on the market

I run a Kryptview on cable, I've never gotten into the satellite side of things. There is a member on here at the moment that is very well versed in all of this stuff, I'll let him make himself known if he wishes to though.

If you want to go down the virgin media route then I can help out no bother :)

A good cheap box is the gigablue 800HD. About £150...

I have vu+ ultimo, duo, solo and Et9k.. All are great boxes. Send me a pm route more info if you need. Would advocate against card sharing servers where you pay. You are better sharing your own personal card... Altho not sure how far we can discuss this on this forum...

Sean_Mc said:
BT vision looks pants with awful reviews

I was looking for bt vision reviews the other day and could only find ones from either people with slow broadband >2mb or people comparing it to a full sky package which for the price it isn't ever going to be. I would like to ditch sky but a bit unsure what to do as I can't get cable

theboytony said:
Sean_Mc said:
BT vision looks pants with awful reviews

I was looking for bt vision reviews the other day and could only find ones from either people with slow broadband >2mb or people comparing it to a full sky package which for the price it isn't ever going to be. I would like to ditch sky but a bit unsure what to do as I can't get cable

The current Sony TV has freeview TBT, Mrs Mc aint too happy at losing the discovery channels, so I need to get my act together or face weeks of moaning :lol:

lovelldr said:
A good cheap box is the gigablue 800HD. About £150...

I have vu+ ultimo, duo, solo and Et9k.. All are great boxes. Send me a pm route more info if you need. Would advocate against card sharing servers where you pay. You are better sharing your own personal card... Altho not sure how far we can discuss this on this forum...

Thanks L :thumb:

Back